News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Possible ON30 Excursion Cars

Started by Hamish K, July 23, 2008, 03:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish K

Dear Bach Man

There has been some suggestion, including by myself, that the new HO/N excursion cars be made in ON30. Now that more information on these is available I would like to suggestion that some alterations be made in the event of ON30 excursion cars appearing. With the HO/N cars the seats face forwards and are fixed in position. This makes it difficult to use them in situations where the locomotive runs around the cars at the terminus and hauls them back in the other direction. That would be the situation for excursions services on my line, and occurs often enough in real life. Therefore I ask that if ON30 excursion cars are made thay either have longitudinal seating (my preference) or, if they have cross seating, the backs of the seats flip so that they can face in either direction. Alternatively the seats could be in bays, facing each other.

Hamish

Dusten Barefoot

I would like to see the EBT excursion cars made, there're less theme park looking, the one's being produced in HO,&N look to much like the crapy one's at Disney, and Dollywood, the only good thing at dollywood was the steam locomotive, and that was it. And pluse the EBT cars looked like the ET&WNC one ;D
Take it easy
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

C.S.R.R. Manager

I was surprised to see the excursion cars in standard gauge.   Both the Disneyland and WDW steam train operations are 3' narrow gauge, so the excursion cars would be far more appropriate in On30.  I'm guessing that these will be part of some licensed Disney sets in the future.

Manager

Chatzi473

well disneyland rr is 3ft but the 2 4-4-0s  they have are 5/8th scale so they look like they are running on standard gauge track. I know that quite a few people use the ho 4-4-0 to model the original locomotives disneyland had.

if they where going to make some excursion cars in on30 i agree that the one like the EBT would be the best option to do.

firebirdparts

They may be true of Disneyland, but Disneyworld has real 1:1 scale narrow gauge Baldwin Locomotives.  3 of 'em.
Joe

C.S.R.R. Manager

3 of Disneyland's 5 locos are also 1:1 narrow gauge, as are the excursion cars.   Only the first two locos at Disneyland were 5:8 models of standard gauge locos, built new in 1955.  The rest are rebuilds.

Disneyworld also had an actual 30" gauge steam railroad serving the campgrounds in the early days, and I think it would make a great On30 release.  But the trains are gone, and it seems the Disney folks don't want to remind anyone that it existed.  Still, I think something like this would make a great companion for the Porters, in these colors and basic black.

OK, back to the excursion cars...

Manager

C.S.R.R. Manager

There is an interesting discussion on these new cars on one of the Disney boards.  Their take seems to be that this car is extremely close to the Disneyland cars, down to the details, and that it's close to the WDW cars, with the exception that the WDW cars have 2 extra rows of seats.  No mention of the standard/narrow gauge factor.

http://burnsland.com/disneyrailroads/viewtopic.php?p=40536