News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

No rolling stock announcements?

Started by Hamish K, July 17, 2008, 09:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish K

Dear Bachmann

I may seem churlish to complain about what has not been announced in the light of the recently announced motive power goodies (even though the 4-6-0 leaves me cold), but no expansion to rolling stock, (apart from the railbus trailer) means that this year will be the first for quite a few years that there has been no new rolling stock item. Perhaps there are more announcements to come? maybe at the narrow gauge convention?

I note the release of the excursion cars in HO and N. Given that they are based on Jackson and Sharpe cars an ON30 version would seem very feasible. Should I start anticipating?

On another note spare a thought for the Heisler fans - they have been waiting patiently for many years now, still with no joy. Perhaps if they had been ruder? (Personally I am not in the market for a Heisler as none came to Australia, but I feel sorry for those who have been waiting so long.)

Hamish

Hamish

The Old Fardt

C.S.R.R. Manager

A new caboose or 2 is definitely needed.  On30 versions of the new LS freight cars might also work, slightly longer, more detailed, lower riding than the current freight cars.

M

Ned

Would welcome an addition to a personal favorite: the Christmas themed cars.

Ned

jim margerum

Hello All; Let's hope for some frameless tank cars,too! Jim

br549

Quote from: jim margerum on July 18, 2008, 10:52:24 AM
Hello All; Let's hope for some frameless tank cars,too! Jim
here! here! I second this motion! ;D

Tomcat

I´d like to support this idea too...!

And - how about some Maine Rolling Stock? The Forneys are still a bit lonely, just the
Pulpwood Cars are 100% Maine, how about a slight conversion of the Boxcar with a SR&RL Lettering, how about a Flat Car conversion with a Slate Load...?

That all is easy... And some fitting Coaches - why not???

Tom

The Old Fardt

Santa  I want a ---  and a ----- plus a ----  and I have been good so how about a ---

Didn't work then but maybe this time ?

Cheers   TOF

jim margerum

Guys; The NATIONAL NARROW GAUGE CONVENTION ( Sept. 10-13 ) is not that far off. They may have saved an item or two for then. At least we can ANTICIPATE!! jim

The Old Fardt

I would have been real happy to attend but we have a prior comment and wouldn't you know? we live here in Portland !

Oh well ! We will be riding on the newly started train ride on the island of Kauai Hawaii.

Cheers, TOF