Mr. bachmann, a question about the 44T and DCC?

Started by Railhead, July 19, 2008, 05:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Railhead

Hi Mr. Bachmann,
   Your company has sure mades quite a stir with your future release of the 44T switcher on every forum I've be to so far. Though I do have a question about the DCC board being used in these. Will it be a dual mode board that will run on both DC & DCC or is this a straight DCC board? This is one question that many are wondering about (including me) as we will be able to use the 44T in either manner or are the DCC guys the only ones going to be able to use these?
                                             Railhead

skipgear

Bachmann has previously stated that all DCC on board units will have dual mode decoders so they are backward compatible. This should be the same.

I still haven't gotten a straight answer on this but ALL decoders should be dual mode, regardless of manufacture according to the NMRA.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

the Bach-man

Dear Railhead,
They are dual mode decoders that operate on analog or DCC.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

fieromike

Mr Bach-man,
You'd probably save a lot of typing if you'd state the decoders' dual mode capability in the DCC FAQ section.

Railhead

Thank you Mr. Bachmann and everyone else who clarified this question about the decoders usage and being able to be used across a level playing field whether the user is DC or DCC.
                                         Railhead