Bachmann's Thomas prices are to steep!

Started by Diesel #261, July 19, 2008, 11:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesel #261

This is crazy!  I was looking through the Thomas & Friends line from Bachmann and these prices are just stupid! >:(

Express break coach $35.00
Composite coach $35.00
Cattle wagon $19.00
Well wagon $19.00
cream tanker $19.00
Raspberry Syurp tanker $19.00
Salt wagon $19.00
RF Container wagon $19.00
6 Ton wagon $19.00

These are just a few of the prices I am not pleased with.  I know gas prices are the cause of some of this but $19.00 for a thin piece of plastic on wheels seems just unreal. :P
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

Santa Fe buff

Maybe you can find them on TrainWorld:
http://www.trainworld.com/
They have the lowest prices, I checked over 20 websites, including Caboose Hobbies, lower! They have a Leaning Curve section too!
- Joshua Bauer

Anthony P

The Chaz Storm

Those prices are really expensive and I remember getting some of those items and the prices were much more cheaper then that.  I wonder why they would change the prices like that, I got those items for half of the price from where I bought them.....

ncc1701

Even so, those prices on ready to roll express coaches are nothing compared to what you would spend for north american heavy weights.

Diesel #261

One friend who collects them for his cousin has just started to get em from TT station.  He has gotten Henry and Emily along with her coaches and told me he is soon to get a Toby model from them to. ;D

Santa Fe buff

- Joshua Bauer

Diesel #261

Santa Fe buff

Dear Pittsburg & Shawmut,
   Thank you for the link, they are cheaper.

Sincerely,
   Josh B.
- Joshua Bauer

NarrowGSouth

Hey Ya'll,

The reason they are cheaper there is because they are sold at Wholesale prices. In my opinion, I think that Wholesale sellers are hurting the hobby as a whole. Now the manufacturers themselves mind you but all the LHS's (Local Hobby Shops) across the country.

Take my advice and save the extra cash to help keep your LHS in business, so you will be able to obtain the cheaper things such as track, sceanic items, books, and magazines.

NGSouth

thomasj219

take my word model railroad companies are far from poor and arent going out of buissness anytime soon not with the prices the way they are believe me
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Guilford Guy

He's right. Local Hobby Shops ARE going out of business. More people are buying online, and many of the remote hobby shops are closing. There are some great ones that will stay in business, but since the internet came into being, people have gradually began buying more from online retailers like Trainworld and Whole Sale Trains.
Alex

Santa Fe buff

No worries GG! I do LOVE trainworld, but my parents hate online shopping, so it's all local. But the local hobby shop sells at MSRP!!! >:(
But, a new HUGE Hobby Lobby will be opening, with a train section! ;) Only because Hobby Lobby sell other craft items does it become a Hobby store with many stores.
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

Hobby Lobby is essentially a store like walmart, it also helps kill little hobby shops, and the employees aren't as knowledgeable... If there weren't as many online discount dealers, Hobby Shops wouldn't have to sell at MSRP to make a profit...
Alex

NarrowGSouth

Quote from: thomasj219 on August 25, 2008, 03:33:26 PM
take my word model railroad companies are far from poor and arent going out of buissness anytime soon not with the prices the way they are believe me

Oh such are the words of the unknowing youth.

If you had read my post correctly you will have seen that I said Local Hobby Shops. Without thses shops, not only do we have to rely on the internet to see new products, but we also loose the satisfaction of buying at hobby shops.

You sir, need to find a copy of the September 2008 issue of Classic Toy Trains and read the excellent "View From the Underground" column by Lou Palumbo. I won't bother to say what its about, but I think you can tell.

This is not just to Pittsburg and Thomas, but to all who read this. Instead of giving into the "Instant Gratification" urge that dominates us all in modern day america, and buy at retail price.

NGSouth