News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 45 Tonner

Started by david coates, July 17, 2008, 08:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david coates

Now that a 45 tonner is out in HO in the older version, how about doing it in On30?  Then you could offer O scale trucks and... Instant O std. gauge loco at a minimal increase in production cost.  Bet we could use it for that std. gauge interchange we've all been wanting to model.

David Coates

aussie30inch

Hello

Yes I agree with David and would like to say that this would be an excellent choice for the Narrow gaugers .I also think it could be on Bachmanns to do list seems most of what we have here at On30 land including the new 4-6-0 was done in G scale and seems to be a line of progress.

So Bachmann if you are thinking about a serprise from left feild like the new Bus this one would be received well.Give me atleast 2

Geoff

aussie30inch

C.S.R.R. Manager

I noticed this announcement as well.  That mechanism looks perfect for an On30 loco.  Maybe Boulder Valley or one of the smaller On30 manufacturers will come out with a kit for a new cab and motor cover for this mechanism.
M

FrankS

Hi all,
An On30 GE 45tonner would make a GREAT first On30 Sound-equipped diesel.

Frank S,
Tasmania,
Australia

ebtbob

Good Afternoon All,

I agree with Dave,  lets have the 45 tonner in On30 as well as the 2-6-6-2 tank engine,  just announced for large scale.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Spule 4

Funny, I had a similar but different thought.....

Take the HO model and adapt the drive train from the Liliput-Stangel (Bachmann Europe) 2095 class H0e diesel and have the model in HO and HOn30....

http://www.wek-bahn.com/images/session2007209502.jpg

Plus the recent article on re-gauging the 70 Tonne loco to HOn3.....

.....hhmmmmmmmm
Garrett

Hamish K

Quote from: Spule 4 on July 19, 2008, 12:09:26 AM
Funny, I had a similar but different thought.....

Take the HO model and adapt the drive train from the Liliput-Stangel (Bachmann Europe) 2095 class H0e diesel and have the model in HO and HOn30....

http://www.wek-bahn.com/images/session2007209502.jpg

Unfortunately the Liliput 2095 has not been made for many years, I don't think it has been made since Bachmann took over Liliput. Thje current HOe Liliput diesel is a 1-B-1 (2-4-2) wheel arrangement so its chassis is not suitable.

Hamish