News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Bachmann Mavis

Started by Diesel #261, July 20, 2008, 04:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesel #261

Mr. the Bach-man
I am annoyed with the way Mavis looks.  I can handle James's wheels being gray, I can stand Annie and Clarable's chassis being gray, I can understand the tender bottoms on the engines gray, and I can even accept the hooks on the engines gray.  I am not pleased at all the way Mavis looks. >:(

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/160-58801

I am hoping that you can tell me that she will be her proper color. :(  I think it is crazy that this company uses gray for stuff that should be black. :P

Will Mavis be black or gray? ???
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

Anthony P

exactly how i fell. If her cab roof is black how come she can't be all black? Why is she grey not balck?

Chessie Sys. 3022

Like I said in the Everything Thomas Topic, it's probably just a pre-production model, or just something to keep us entertained and expecting more from the model since it's late.
Just some predictions.  :P

~Justin

The Chaz Storm

I am an extremely loyal fan of the Bachmann Thomas range and I always have supported the Bach-man and always believed in him.  I know that from how amazing his models have been, I am sure that the actual Mavis model is black.  It could be a photo error, and I am sure that the model is NOT grey.  Besides, despite the fact that Mavis (in the photo) is grey, everything else is perfect.  In fact if the model is black and not grey then I would say that Mavis is one of the best models Bachmann has ever done! ;)

Michael

Its the lighting of the room guys...  look at Bachmann Toby and Emily.  They looked lighter didnt they?   

She looks fantastic Bachmann!  Definately getting her this winter!

Anthony P

if its the lighting then how come her cab roof is not grey?

Guilford Guy

Why can't you just buy some Modelflex or Pollyscale "Engine Black" and paint it yourself?
They might be trying to "highlight the details." Broadway Limited Imports did that to one of their 4-8-4's saying it would look weathered and would highlight the details, while the prototype was most certainly black.
Alex

PRRThomas11

Hi everone. I haven't posted in a while I've been on vacation for two weeks.

Anyway:
The reason its grey is because there is so much black already on it. If it was black you couldn't see the windows. It would just be a black box with words on it. Personally, I think it looks good. This is the real picture. Bach-man once mentioned that Walthers always displays the pictures before Bachmann gets a chance to announce it. Oh well.
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

razgriz233

Well that mavis could be a prototype, just like the first Spencer had no front buffers. The Gray is just a under coat to mavis. Hopefully it will change.

The Chaz Storm

Both of those points are good ones.  But I think it is time we got an official answer since obviously we are all in suspense here, not to mention a lot of people are very cross over this. 

Dear Bach-man,

Would you mind answering the question many of us have asked you in this thread.  Is Mavis going to be gray or black? 

Diesel #261

Yes Mr. the Bach-man, please tell us. :(
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

razgriz233

Yah I would like to know too, and when are you going to put up photos of Edward

LastQ6

The Bachmann Mavis looks fine in whatever colour Bachmann chooses to make her, same can also be said about the Edward model too, i can understand if people are upset with the model, fair play, but that is no reason whatsoever to start posting stuff that could lead to a permanent banning from this board and also demanding to know what her proper colour will be.

Don't flame me for posting this, as i too want this model as well as Edward, but, if nobody here likes the model in the  colour that it has been made in, then why don't you just paint it yourself when you get her instead of potsing harsh comments like that here on a modellers forum?
Click below to view all my projects in my new blog

http://www.thethomasmodeller.blogspot.com

StanierJack

Quote from: LastQ6 on July 22, 2008, 01:39:08 PM
The Bachmann Mavis looks fine in whatever colour Bachmann chooses to make her, same can also be said about the Edward model too, i can understand if people are upset with the model, fair play, but that is no reason whatsoever to start posting stuff that could lead to a permanent banning from this board and also demanding to know what her proper colour will be.

Don't flame me for posting this, as i too want this model as well as Edward, but, if nobody here likes the model in the  colour that it has been made in, then why don't you just paint it yourself when you get her instead of potsing harsh comments like that here on a modellers forum?

Half the fun of the Hobby is customising your stock!

razgriz233

It would take too long to paint her, and not everyone is a pro of painting things; and the paint job could look like crape.