News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DD40X Announcement

Started by GNFA277, July 20, 2008, 09:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GNFA277

Mr. B'

In addition to the excitment caused by your announcement of a 44T loco, you have also created a great amount interest in the upcoming DD40X:)

However several modelers, myself among them, are questioning:
Is this to be a completely 'new' model, or just an upgraded version of your previous DD40X ?

nscaler711

thats what i want to know...is it the Spectrum line?
PVT Austin
MO Army National Guard
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Dave_W6DPS

I stopped by the Bachmann booth (naturally) on Saturday, and the DD40AX looks pretty cool.  DCC onboard, with a MSRP of only $110 is pretty amazing.

The Spectrum GE 44 ton with DCC onboard also looked pretty good to me.

I wish I had remembered a camera. :(

I am also tryingto figure out how to work a couple of the open excursion cars into a layout....

Generally a lot of nice new stuff coming out.

Dave_W6DPS

PRRThomas11

Correct me if I am wrong but the DD40X is the centennial diesel right?
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

GNFA277

Quote from: PRRThomas11 on July 23, 2008, 03:04:54 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but the DD40X is the centennial diesel right?

Yes, the very one.

And while 'The Bachmann' has yet to address our question, look what appeared on Nscale Suppy website today:

http://www.nscalesupply.com/BAC/BAC-EMD-DD40AX.html  :o :o

From the days of Arte Johnson of "Laugh In" fame: "Veerrrrrry Interestingk!" 

:D  :P  :D

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The loco has a new drive and updated tooling- it looks great!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

C855B

Pardon my impertinence... however... the correct designation for the prototype of the Bachmann model is DDA40X, per the EMD catalog at time of delivery as well as the delivery documents. I have four of the previous Bachmann models - two first-run and two "Plus" - and being a bit of a rivet-counter and big UP fan the "DD40X" always sort of annoyed me.

Don't feel bad - even the Union Pacific has mislabeled the last operating Centennial in their "heritage" fleet as a "DD40X" on their website and - horror of horrors - "DD-40-X" on the locomotive itself.

Don't take my word for it, however. Search for "DD40X", "DD40AX" and "DDA40X" on the web and find out which is considered authoritative.

C855B

Quote from: the Bach-man on July 24, 2008, 01:17:07 AM
The loco has a new drive and updated tooling- it looks great!
I forgot to mention... I am sooooo there! Already have one of each road number on order.

nscaler711

ok so any pictures of this loco (not prototype, the model ;) )
PVT Austin
MO Army National Guard

UP_Modeler

BUT  . . . is it a Spectrum series model as certain e-tailers are advertising?  When the Bach Man made the original announcement he seemed to indicate this is NOT a Spectrum series model.  It would be nice if these certain e-tailers would advertise these correctly.

Mike :)

the Bach-man

Dear All,
It is a Standard Line loco, and it has been completely redone.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

nscaler711

Split frame? can it be changed to DCC? i am going all out on DCC products so i need to know if it can be DCC-inized

(btw get Madden NFL '09 12:00am !!!!)
PVT Austin
MO Army National Guard

skipgear

Quote from: nscaler711 on August 08, 2008, 10:06:34 PM
Split frame? can it be changed to DCC? i am going all out on DCC products so i need to know if it can be DCC-inized

Per original release announcement:

N Scale EMD DD40AX Centennial DCC Onboard  avail  NOV     MSRP $110
Item No 62251  UP #6932
Item No 62252  UP #6927
Item No 62253  UP #6915
Item No 62254  UP #6943

Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

GlennW

That $110 MSRP may be reduced to $75 or less at your LHS. For the money, performance should be similar to some recent Bachmann models. I hope the DC/DCC gives improved low speed performance.