News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Old Chicago Railroad Stations

Started by Jhanecker2, July 21, 2008, 09:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jhanecker2

Does anyone know if any body make HO scale models  of Chicago Union Station or the Chicago Northwestern Station ? All of these Stations have been built over their air rights and are no longer visible except for the main house of the Chicago Union Station and I heard some rumor that they were considering adding more stories to that stucture . Considering that the European Manufacturers have a good number of stations in their catalogs , one would think that American Companies would have more.  John  II.

SteamGene

Size perhaps.  Chicago Union Station was huge.  How many people can devote that much space on their layout?  Cost is another factor.  Look at what the Walther's Milwaukee Road station costs. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Jhanecker2

I'm going to look at The Milwaukee Station Price Later today , I'm doing furniture repair today.  I do have to admit it reminds me a little of the original   Chicago Union Passenger Depot  that was replaced by the current Station .  I did see a modified layout that  had  4 stub tracks North & South and One Through Track that would give you the flavor of the operation .  The throat tracks were much more possible to do without going broke and/ or crazy.  I do wish the tracks were more utilized , with Petrochemical prices as high as they currently are this may come about . Energy policies head a long list of government  policies  that are rationally bankrupt . 
     I like the look of that new tranfer table too.