News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas train sets

Started by razgriz233, July 22, 2008, 12:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

razgriz233

I think that bachmann should make a train set for each engine.
Like Henry with the red express coaches, Toby with Henrietta and 2 Troublesome Trucks, Percy with 2 mail cars, Spencer with his Special Coach, and another Henry with the flying kipper.

Anyone have any other ideals?

Diesel #261

I think they should make James with 5 Annie and Clarabel coaches.  I also think Toby should have 3 trucks insted of 2.  Lastly I think they should have a James set with the Red and white coaches.
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

razgriz233

i was thinking the same thing but have the 5 A&C coaches with no faces and no name tags.

The Chaz Storm

I have to disagree with that actually...

Here's why, making a train set for every single engine just sounds really...cheesy.  There have to be some locomotives that don't have a train set, like Henry, Toby, Spencer, etc.  Who knows, maybe for next year another engine will get a train set.  Anyways, the reason why I am saying this is because it takes a while to get the whole packaging set up not to mention adding the controller, track, engines, rolling stock, etc.  We are lucky to be having three train sets come out this year and that was how much we got when the Thomas Bachmann range first came in. 
The sets were:
Thomas, Annie and Clarabel set
Percy and troublesome trucks set - Discontinued for reasons unknown
Thomas Deluxe set

razgriz233

well i think they should make the train sets to give each engine his or her own background like if they mad Harvy, they should put him and the breakdown train together but instead of adding track and stuff to it just hav it come with the loco and rolling stock.

Diesel #261

I have to agree with Chaz on this.  I didn't think of that before.  My mind has changed on this one.  The only set I think there should be is the Percy and troublesome trucks set, which they should bring back. :)
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

razgriz233

does anyone else have any good ideals then?

thomasj219

Edward with Thee Old Coaches
Mavis with Four Stone Trucks
Salty with Two Fish Trucks and Two Fish Vans
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

The Chaz Storm

If anyone were to get a train set I would say Percy.  The reason why I am saying that is because since his old set got discontinued a few years ago, I can picture Percy having two mail cars in a set. 

razgriz233

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Cheeky_ULP

Chaz, that brings a point. They actually might of discontinued the previous set as they were planning to bring out the Mail Vans. I can see that set happening easily. (Percy locomotive, 2x Mail Vans, 1 Brake Van) I'd actually buy it depending on the price.  :)

As for a lot of the sets people are bringing up, keep in mind Bachmanns most likley to only make sets that have existing rolling stock. (Sans the Christmas set, but its a special) Henry and the Flying Kipper set is unlikley, as the train itself has been unheard of since Season 5.

I say don't expect sets and items to pop up every day. Bachmann isn't Learning Curve, and can't bring out stuff very quickly...

razgriz233

thats what i was trying to say about percy, they might do that.

StanierJack

Quote from: Sparks on July 24, 2008, 02:22:11 PM
Chaz, that brings a point. They actually might of discontinued the previous set as they were planning to bring out the Mail Vans. I can see that set happening easily. (Percy locomotive, 2x Mail Vans, 1 Brake Van) I'd actually buy it depending on the price.  :)

As for a lot of the sets people are bringing up, keep in mind Bachmanns most likley to only make sets that have existing rolling stock. (Sans the Christmas set, but its a special) Henry and the Flying Kipper set is unlikley, as the train itself has been unheard of since Season 5.

I say don't expect sets and items to pop up every day. Bachmann isn't Learning Curve, and can't bring out stuff very quickly...

Aah, but with the Christmas set, they all utilise existing mouldings, except the Snow Plough and the tree. I'm sure that Bachmann only bring out sets for profit, and not loss. They might put one mail car in the percy set, to encourage parents to buy another.

razgriz233

thats true, like what they did with the Gordon set, usually he pulls 3 or 4 coaches.