News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

A MAJOR list!

Started by Santa Fe buff, July 24, 2008, 08:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yampa Bob

One of our newest members, "Mike", recently went to work for the Long Island Railroad, was that mentioned?

It's great to have real railroad employees who are also modelers.  I hope Mike will continue to contribute, so we can all learn more about real trains.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Guilford Guy

Yes, City of Prineville ran ALCo's with lots of Jewelry into the 80's, then transplanted the Jewelry onto a couple GP20's/9's. They now use a few ex-Milwaukee coaches for excursions, pulled by the Geeps, or on occasion a Shay, and use the GP20's for freight service...
http://www.trainweb.org/highdesertrails/cop.html
Alex

Grumps

:)Esquimalt & Nanaimo - on Vancouver Island

Terry Toenges

Kansas City St. Louis & Chicago
St. Louis Iron Mountain & Southern

Buffalo Pass Scalplock & Defiance  ;)
Feel like a Mogul.

Santa Fe buff

Thank you all.  :) I'm still coping all the ones given to me on that link by Mr. Grumpy, but I did add yours, an updated version will come... :)
- Joshua Bauer

glennk28

you have missed my RR--(one I work on)  Yreka Western, about 9 miles of track total, main run is 7.5 miles , 1 steam loco and 2 diesels.  gj

JDLX

Check again, glennk28- the YW is on the list not once but twice.  Both entries are in the bottom quarter or so of the list. 

Say hi to Conductor Roger for me!

Also, thanks to Guilford Guy for the plug on my COP site.  Much appreciated.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Santa Fe buff

Oh I do, thanks for telling me a repeat. :)
- Joshua Bauer

WGL

I haven't seen in the list Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range, from my neck of the woods.  Also, I see Minneapolis & St. Louis model boxcars.

Santa Fe buff

Wait, do you see or not see Minneapolis & St. Louis? Sometime people mess up, I don't want to miss one. ;)
- Joshua Bauer

WGL

I see Minneapolis & St. Louis boxcars for sale, but I didn't notice that line in your list.

Terry Toenges

I don't want to screw up your list. The BP S & D was a ficticious railroad in the movie and series Scalplock with Dale Robertson.
Feel like a Mogul.

Teamanglerx

In my area we have the Iowa, Central, and Eastern and the Iowa Interstate Railroad.  Both are offshoots of the Dakota, Minnesota, and Eastern.  I pass by the Davenport, Iowa ICE yard everyday on my way to work.  Both the ICE and the Iowa Interstate have great websites.  The ICE even lists their customers and what they haul.

Yampa Bob

Petaluma & Santa Rosa RR   (California)
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

traindude109

A few from my nick of the woods

1. Yreka Western Railroad

2. McCloud Railway Company

3. Sacramento Southern

Matt

Boulder Creek and Western Railroad (G scale 1:20.3)