News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Parts Department

Started by peterherron, July 22, 2008, 10:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterherron

Mr. Bach Man,

I was on the telephone with your parts department yesterday looking for a tender.  They had a 2-6-0 tender lettered for OR & W that I could have used.  They told me it was $40.00!!!  Doesn't that seem a little high for a scrapped/returned tender??  Also, some time ago I purchased 3 identical small items which were priced @ $7.00 each plus $5 S&H.  Yesterday I ordered the same thing (6) and they were $4.50 + $5 S&H.  Soooo, I either overpaid the first time or you undercharged me the 2nd.  What's that all about?? 

Lastly, I was looking for the lens hood on a round electric headlight like on the 2-8-0 (part # MTZ 18) and was told that was not a separate item.  Well it must be because I lost on off another 2-8-0!!  Could you see what you could do to find me one?  Thanks for your help,

Peter

peterherron

Mr B.

Did you miss this one or are you choosing not to reply??

Peter

C.S.R.R. Manager

Hi Peter, $40 seems about right for a tender these days.  Have you looked at other options?  Keith Wiseman makes some nice resin kits for tenders, most of which would work with the Mogul.  There is some sanding, , painting and assembly required, but they add some variety to your fleet of locos.   I built the short tender, which will look good behind the Mogul, and he also has a really neat Whaleback tender.

http://stores.ebay.com/WISEMAN-MODEL-SERVICES-INC

As an alternative, you might want to watch Ebay for a junked Mogul.  They do show up at times.

the Bach-man

Dear Peter,
I didn't realize there was a question. Since I am not in Philadelphia, there's no way for me to find a part. If you try again from time to time, a headlight may become available.
Sorry I missed the question.
the Bach-man

peterherron

Thanks CSRR for the tip.  I do like that tender.  Mr B, I'm still curious about the difference in prices for the same parts mentioned in my original post.  I did not realize you were not in Philly.

Peter

C.S.R.R. Manager

Being rather dense, I just noticed the "Order Parts" tab to the left on this page.  I had thought that this would be a good idea, and I hope it will be expanded.  It would be great to have On30 headlights, for example.