Purchased GP50, catalog says DCC ready, but its not

Started by Justin9, August 11, 2014, 12:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin9

I recently just started modeling again, and have been building up my stock...   I purchased a GP50 (61205 Southern 9014) from MTS and according to Bachmann's 2014 catalog, which I keep PDF on my desktop, they are DCC ready.  The product I received is an older one with the plain PCB board...   I guess Bachmann uses old item numbers after changing the dcc board...  so my question is how do I know if I'm getting DCC ready next time, if they reuse the old product numbers?

Modeltrainstuff.com's website when I purchased just gave a basic description, and just show the product images, but not the product packaging, I know that bachmann puts DCC ready on the packages now, so other than getting to see the box, is there anyway to tell what you would be getting?

Bucksco

"DCC Ready" does not necessarily mean that the loco has a plug and play socket. It means that the electric motor is isolated from the die cast chassis making the installation of a DCC decoder possible without modifying the way the electric motor is mounted in the chassis.

Justin9

the 2014 catalog says it has a dcc plug n play socket...   I just think its a bad practice to use the same product number, and the dcc ready pcb for this train on the parts page is more than I paid for the loco new...   and I don't like soldering very much...

Bucksco

You are correct Justin. After checking with the service department we have to apologize for a misprint in the catalog. We have sent you a PM. Sorry for the problem.

Justin9