News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Trains on Youtube

Started by C.S.R.R. Manager, August 01, 2008, 02:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.S.R.R. Manager

I had been thinking, we need more On30 videos on Youtube.  So I shot some video the other morning, using a small test module in my backyard. 

The movie is supposed to be a typical busy morning at a small station on the C.P.R.R.  The town name is a real place close to where I live.

I think it turned out OK, but I do want to re-shoot this someday, when the sunlight is less direct, and when the temps aren't so high.  And, I need to add some weight to the module so that it doesn't shift as the train moves across the module.  I didn't notice the movement at the time, since I was trying to stop the train before it ran out of track.  Not all of the trains have sound, so I tried to find music that sounded like it was being played during a silent movie.  Maybe the next version will have real steam engine audio - that would really bring this to life.

See what you think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx7BlnzS_2Y

Manager

0n30nutz

I'm likin' it a lot.... ;D

Howard
If it ain't steam, it ain't...

C.S.R.R. Manager

I should add that it's 98% Bachmann trains.  There is one BLI 2-8-0, but it has been heavily modified, with a Bachmann tender and a Banta cab.  And the small boxcar and caboose are from Chivers.

Lemurien

Joe Satnik

Dear Manager,

Nice job.  Very enjoyable.   

The music and the vehicle in the background beg for the video to be scratched up black and white film, though.

I don't know what effects are available, but how about:

1) the first 3 seconds of each scene B&W, then fade back in the colors, or

2) each train one direction B&W, the other direction color, or

3) the first scene B&W, then fade back in the colors for the rest of the video.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

amatore

C.S.R.R.

Very nice. Like the music too.

LurchBird

Hey C.S.R.R.,
very nice work.  What video editing software are you using?

We want more!  ;D
Mark

eddie

woah, man. awesome vid.
I really liked the engines.
And it looks so realistic.
Keep it up!  ;)
arrivederci,
GB

Ned

I apologize in advance for possibly hijacking this thread but...

For years I had no trouble viewing online videos but recently when I went to youtube or other sites I've been told I needed to install the "latest Flash player".

I atempted to do so, and got the response that the player was installed (version 9.0.124.0) but it apparently has not been activated(???) as I still can't view videos.

Any suggestions as to how to get the program to actually operate?

Many thanks.

Ned
(a/k/a "Desperate in Dover")

C.S.R.R. Manager

Hi Ned, what's your operating system?  I'm guessing that's where the problem lies.  And have you tried going directly to the Adobe site, and downloading from there?  Also, what browser are you using?  If you are having trouble with Internet Explorer, try downloading and installing something like Mozilla Firefox, or even Apple's Safari.

Mark, editing is in Sony Vegas, although I only use the basic tools.  And Joe, I had the same idea, about making parts look like old film.  For some reason, I didn't like how the standard Vegas effects looked when I tried to get that look.  I either need to try another filter, or use another program for the effects.  But right now, I've been building and fixing trains in my spare time.

manager

Frisco

Here is my page there are several ON30 videos if you go under view all. I will be adding more soon. http://www.youtube.com/user/SLSF1522

jcater

Saw it some time ago..LOVE it and nice to meet the guy behind it!