News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

just a question for the Bach-man.

Started by trainmanchris, August 02, 2008, 01:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VTBob

Does anyone besides Bowser make a good 4-4-2 yet?

Vermont Bob
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

RAM

Both Mantua and Roundhouse did. Model power or Athearn may bring them back.

Pacific Northern

Ram

Your comment on Athearn coming out with a 4-4-2 is based on what source?
Pacific Northern

RAM

I don't think that I need a source.  What I said was that they MAY bring them back.  I did not say that they will.  One can only hope.

SteamGene

An Athearn 4-4-2 would be the Roundhouse, perhaps upgraded.  Remember, what was Roundhouse or Athearn and was steam era only is now Roundhouse.  Unless Athearn keeps some of the transition cars, I say farewell to a great company. <g>
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

trainmanchris

which Co. would that be???Roundhouse ???

Santa Fe buff

I guess Athearn.
Oh, and make that 49,999 more people, I want one. But I won't probably get one. But our museum of scales:
O, HO, and N.
Are selling one Southern Railroad 'Crescent Limited' locomotive for $300.00. Heck, with that kind of money, I would save up, and by me an Light Santa Fe class locomotive for the ATSF. Or a Union Pacific 4-12-2, I can't decide. How much is an HO 4-12-2 anyway?
Josh
- Joshua Bauer

SteamGene

The only 4-12-2s in HO are brass.  BTW, only the UP had 4-12-2s. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Guilford Guy

BLI is doing the 9000's but you didn't hear that from me... Atlas is doing ****-***'s aka C* W**e**bs, but you didn't hear that from me either...
Alex

SteamGene

And these are going to be released......?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Guilford Guy

You know how fast BLI does models, so 9000 won't be for a couple years atleast. The *N w*d**a*'s won't be too long since Atlas is already finishing up the GP40-2's.
Alex

Santa Fe buff

I have one blue box and an Atlas station to model.
- Joshua Bauer

richG

Quote from: SteamGene on August 04, 2008, 05:54:51 PM
An Athearn 4-4-2 would be the Roundhouse, perhaps upgraded.  Remember, what was Roundhouse or Athearn and was steam era only is now Roundhouse.  Unless Athearn keeps some of the transition cars, I say farewell to a great company. <g>
Gene

Old tooling MDC 4-4-2 with NS drivers.

http://www.kitbashdepot.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_75&products_id=999

Rich

Santa Fe buff

Wait, when they mean 'ATSF style' do they mean ATSF developed it, or the roadname?
- Joshua Bauer

SteamGene

ACL had them first.  Take a look at the top of the tender.  Very ATSF style.  The loco itself is PROBABLY a Harriman or semi-Harriman. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat