News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ALCO U-Boat details?

Started by Santa Fe buff, August 04, 2008, 01:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe buff

Recently, I aquired a load of trains for only 10 bucks a powered engine. He gave me a new Walthers ALCO, with an older Bachmann U-Boat. He striped the paint off, and it has nothing on it. I need to know this CRITICAL factors about BNSF:

• What roadnumbers did BNSF have on it's ex-BN U-Boats?
  • Is there any detail kits for BN U-boats?
  • Is there any BNSF sublettering for the ex-BNs?
  • Can I have a picture of a real ex-BN U-Boat with BNSF sublettering?
  • Can anyone find any handrails for a Bachmann U-Boat< for the missing hand railing wasn't just bars, but also part of the body.>
  • Where can I find Piano Wiring <If I can't find a Bachmann U-Boat railing.>?

Thanks for any help. If I finish it, I'll post pictures, I will see about pictures about the things I got for CHEAP from him.

P.S. I got a fully pre-model ICRR SD from him, for 5 bucks <dummy>!
- Joshua Bauer

Dr EMD

???
ALCO U-Boat?

Oh, you mean General Electric Universal Series locomotives.

BNSF may have retired all their U-boats before BN & ATSF merged.

Picture?
Sure - Just Google it.
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

Conrail Quality

Is the Bachmann U-boat a U36B? Burlintgton Northern never owned any U36B's; they were owned only by the Auto-Train, Conrail, and Seaboard Coast Line and its sucessors.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: Dr EMD on August 04, 2008, 05:26:30 PM
???
ALCO U-Boat?

Oh, you mean General Electric Universal Series locomotives.

BNSF may have retired all their U-boats before BN & ATSF merged.

Picture?
Sure - Just Google it.
Opps, your right, it's a GE.
- Joshua Bauer

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: Conrail Quality on August 04, 2008, 06:56:38 PM
Is the Bachmann U-boat a U36B? Burlintgton Northern never owned any U36B's; they were owned only by the Auto-Train, Conrail, and Seaboard Air Line and its sucessors.

Timothy
YES, that's my locomotive! I seached it, and yes, that's it! And Conrail, your wrong:

^THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO MAKE IT INTO!  ;D Is there any detail kits for this? I wish to make this with the BN scheme, or with BNSF sublettering. Is there any detail kits, mine is undecorated, and I wish to make it that.
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

No, Timmy is right, the U36B's were only owned by Auto Train, SCL(Then Family Lines, and CSX), and Conrail. AFAIK, BN had U23B's, U28B's, U30B's, B23-7's, and B30-7's.
Alex

Conrail Quality

Here's  a picture of the real BN 5101, a C30-7:
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=60056

Of course, you can paint it however you want to; it's your railroad, and there's nothing wrong with a painting a U36B in BN paint if you really want to do so.

As for detail kits, I'm not aware that any exist. Keep in mind that the U36B was pretty much a one-railroad locomotive (Seaboard Coast Line), so there's not all that much money to be made off of it. However, GE's early four-axle locomotives had a lot common parts, so you could probably buy Atlas parts for their B32-7 and U23B models and use them on your U36B. That would probably be the easiest and cheapest option.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Guilford Guy

Details West makes  a BN GP30 and GP60 Detail kit...
Alex

Santa Fe buff

In that case then,
I would like a link to companies that used U36Bs and roadnumbers. For I wisht to see witch ones were real. I only model or get real locomotives that existed. If it is a fake, then I won't model it. I also need a list of companies that use ATSF-BNSF mainlines, for I can model that company if it is a part-time runner. Another question, didn't Union Pacific Railroad own a U36B(s)? I really need a lot of information for this project. I just need to stick with my plan, a BNSF mainline in the 1990s with ex-BN, ex-ATSF, and BNSF locomotives all around, and some part-time companies. Now that's what I'm modeling for my 4x8 layout. I hope to expand it when I get my own place to live, but I think 4x8 is okay for a 12-year-old pre-teen. But I do have some great modeling skills and knowledge of trains. But I will say I still have much to learn.
- Joshua Bauer

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Guilford Guy

Hm, I knew about the one on the "Fire Train" in Springfield, but didn't know Pennsylvania Shortline, or Transkentucky Transportation had them!
Alex

Santa Fe buff

Hey,
Can I have some road numbers? But did I.C.R.R ever have any? But I need Bachmann Hand railing, for the missing hand railing was also part of the body!
Josh
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

Quote from: Joe Satnik on August 06, 2008, 08:14:41 AM
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoList.aspx?mid=220
Auto Train, Conrail, CSX, Massachusetts Volunteer Firemen(Gutted), Nationales des Mexico, Nashville & Eastern, Pennsylvania Shortline, Seaboard Coast Line, Seaboard Systems (L&N merger with SCL), and Transkentucky Transportion...
Alex

Santa Fe buff

Great, know all I need is to know this answer:
Did Union Pacific ever run on an ATSF-BNSF mainline?
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

I'm sure they did... BNSF/UP share the tunnel at Tehachapi Loop...
Alex