News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ALCO U-Boat details?

Started by Santa Fe buff, August 04, 2008, 01:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe buff

YEAH! I'm going to model the Union Pacific U36B! But..., I need a detail kit:
BUT I REALLY!!! NEED SOME HANDRAILS. FOR THE SIDE EQIUPMENT BOXES ARE ON THE HANDRAILS, AND IT DIDN'T COME WITH ANY! So until then, my cab sides are uneven, and have two HUGE holes for the special hand rails on the side... :(
Josh.
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

Although there were no UP U36B's...
Smokey Valley sells handrail kits for U36B's. You could probably get away with the everday details, MU Hoses, Scale Brake Hoses, UP Snow Plow, Rotary Beacons...
Hi-Tech Details sells a lot of GE detail parts...
http://www.mgdecals.com/Hi_Tech_details.htm
Alex

Santa Fe buff

Thanks for the link GG, but they sell cabs, and stuff, but none of which I need. I accually need a U-Boat horn, the one I have has a horn hole, but no horn. I checked Smokey Valley, yup, they had the part I needed  ;D.
Now to look around the web for some UP detail kits... Oh, and a rotary beacon.
Josh.
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

There is no "U-Boat horn." The average horn was a Nathan or Leslie 3 Chime, 2 back and 1 forward.
Alex

Dr EMD

Cajon Pass

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on August 06, 2008, 03:06:23 PM
Great, know all I need is to know this answer:
Did Union Pacific ever run on an ATSF-BNSF mainline?
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

japasha

Smokey Valley Models use to make hand rail kits for many diesels. I think I have the right manufacturer. THey are brass and wire with the correct stanchions for the application. Better have some patience when assembling..........

BTW, A U-Boat is a product of General Electric. The Alcos were noted for laying out more smoke than a Big-Boy on Sherman Grade

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: japasha on August 06, 2008, 08:02:37 PM
Smokey Valley Models use to make hand rail kits for many diesels. I think I have the right manufacturer. THey are brass and wire with the correct stanchions for the application. Better have some patience when assembling..........

BTW, A U-Boat is a product of General Electric. The Alcos were noted for laying out more smoke than a Big-Boy on Sherman Grade
:D :D :D :D True, very true! ;D
- Joshua Bauer