News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Model Railroader's census

Started by r.cprmier, March 06, 2007, 03:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.cprmier

Anyone got interested in doing the census for Model Railroader?
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Atlantic Central

r.cprmier

Sheldon;
I received a e-mail notice from MR yesterday concerning a census.  I believe they do this every year or so, assumedly to get a feel for what is happening, trends, etc, with the constituency.  I was just curious if anyone else received  this and what they thought.
Rich
Rich

Atlantic Central

Rich,

I am a subscriber but did not recieve an e-mail from them as of yet. Not surprising since I complained about their marketing of the DVD series and addressed concerns similar to those I shared with you to them at that time.

I guess they know i am a trouble maker and took me off the mailng list.

But, if they do contact me, I will politely, but honestly give them my opinion.

Sheldon

r.cprmier

Sheldon;
Sounds to me like you gave them what they were looking for, as would any similar info.  If enough people professed dissatisfaction with the DVDs, and the sales dropped, then it might be a pretty good indicator that that aspect wouldn't be faring so well.

RIch
Rich

Dr EMD

Census?

I'm a 53 year old male.
I'm working on a Ph.D.
I live in northern Virginia.
I own a home.
I'm married.
I work for the Fed.
I model HO.

If you want a survey, I can do that too!
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

Terry Toenges

I visit their site on-line and got an email questionairre from them about passenger cars.
Feel like a Mogul.

Tom Hogan

Never a problem....'cept the April issue.....got 2 each ModelRailroader and Trains!!!! That will increase circulation #'s!

Paul M.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Bill Baker

About a year ago they sent me a survey to complete.  They wanted to know some things about me personally (Like Dr EMD mentions) what scale did I model, questions about scenery, electrical and just general information.  I'm trying to recall how they got my e-mail address, but it's been so long I can't remember.  Anyway, I guess they do this periodically. It makes good customer relationships....even if brutally so!
Bill