News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC on Board

Started by yoandme, August 08, 2008, 03:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoandme

Do your "DCC-on-Board" locomotives run on standard DC also?

Santa Fe buff

Well DCC-on-Board has sound or something 'on-board' the trains. Well I was able to run my Spectrum F40PHs on a Life-Like DC track, so I would say, you won't get all the freatures, but it will run. But I wouldn't take my answer as true. I would say I'm 50% confindent in myself, so for me. It's a 50/50 chance I'm either right or wrong... :-\
- Joshua Bauer

SteamGene

IF it's a Bachmann DCC on Board, it will run on DC.  A BLI sold with a sound decoder will run on DC also.  I don' know about other companies. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Santa Fe buff

Ah, thanks Gene. So it's DC copadible.  ;) Thanks for clearing that up.
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

Most locomotives with DCC installed can run on DC. BLI's "Blueline" contains a DC sound system.
Alex

ajp3751

Most DCC decoders have the ability to run on DC powered track. Typically you should read all of the features when buying an engine. I have seen runs on DCC and DC on most of the newer products advertised in Model Railroader. Agian it depends on the decoder used and that varies often. Of course you won't get your DCC features on DC track. Mostly you will get forward, bcakward, and on some like MTH or BLI, minimal sound on DC. I can't say yes or no because it is individual to the model, but I would always geuss you could use it on DC. If for some reason it won't, you can always remove the decoder.

richG

You might consider the MRC Blackbox. I saw only two reviews though. Join the Trains.com forums and inquire about the device. I am sure at least one person will respond.
The forum is: General Discussion (Model Railroader)

http://cs.trains.com/forums/1505690/ShowPost.aspx
http://www.modelrectifier.com/train-controls/dc-power-MRC-Blackbox.asp

Rich