News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Auto Reversing Track

Started by MonroeLaw, March 06, 2007, 08:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonroeLaw

What's the story with the auto-reversing track for point to point operation?  I want to build some bookshelf, city scene diorammas but I don't need to buy a train set, a building or a power supply.  Is it possible to purchase the reversing system separately?

Jerry Gaynor

Jonathan MacCormack

Jerry,

Try Walthers for a Circutron or Minitronics reversing unit. I believe both have a unit that may fill your needs.

If not, others will soon let us know with proper sourcing.

Jonathan

Nathan

If you can not get a Bachmann one:

Circuitron makes a auto reverse board.  I have seen it on Caboose Hobbies and Walther's web sites.  There are two different versions.

Aristo-Craft has one.  Caboose and Walther's both carry this one also.  It has an adjustment for the timer.  I found it worked best when connected to the uncontrolled DC out of a power pack and then put a simple speed control between it and the track.  You will need a couple of gaps and a couple of small diodes, 1n4001's should work for HO and N scale.

Nathan

Hunt

Quote from: MonroeLaw on March 06, 2007, 08:36:52 PM
What's the story with the auto-reversing track for point to point operation? 
Jerry Gaynor
The Bachmann Electronic Auto-Reversing Nickel Silver E-Z Track is used to expand the HO and On30 scale Trolley and Street Car sets.

The reversing electronics are in the car barn and it is not sold separately.

BIG BEAR

I just purchased a new On30 trolley set. The new Bachmann set has adjustable speed. you can find these for under $100 even $75 on Ebay.
    This might be your least expensive and EZ est (pun intended) route to go.

Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.