News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

white pass loco #10

Started by g-guage_trains, August 10, 2008, 01:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g-guage_trains

hello all, can someone tell me the vintage of the #10 white pass loco?
thanks, alan rr

Joe Satnik

WP&Y#10 Baldwin Locomotive Works 4-6-0 Jan-1916 Build #42768 Originally, East Tennessee & Western North Carolina R.R. #10, Patricia. Acquired by the White Pass in 1942. Severely damaged in the 1943 Whitehorse engine house fire and retired. Scrapped in 1945.

As far as the G scale models go, Loco Bill can tell you more. 

My notes from 2004 show the "Northern Express" passenger set cataloged between 1993 and 1997.  You would have to inspect the bottom of the engine to determine which chassis version you had. 

I don't know if that (passenger set engine) was technically a "Plus" version, which was cataloged as separate sale engine 1992 thru 1997.   

The "Annie" version separate sale engine WP&Y #10 was cataloged in 2000 thru 2004 in my notes from '04.  More than likely cataloged beyond 2004.  Again, Loco Bill can tell you more.  It had the latest and greatest chassis version 5.   

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Loco Bill Canelos

Alan,

Did you want to know the vintage of the prototype, or information about the model versions of number 10?

If you want more info on the Bachman model # 10 I can add to Joe's response!!

Let me know.

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

grumpy

The WP loco 10 is now sold as  part of the 10 anniversary series . I purchased one in 2006.
The part no.is 81096. Very inexpensive, very good quality very good performance.
Don

g-guage_trains

thanks for answering my question.  I did not pose my question too clearly.
alanrr