News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

A new tender

Started by pdlethbridge, August 10, 2008, 03:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdlethbridge

You have just about every tender anyone would need except one,  a 14 wheel 'pedestal' or 'centipede' available as a separate item. You all ready make one with the NYC 4-8-4, but could you add a spectrum 14 wheel tender please?

pdlethbridge

What say ye, Mr moderator?

Santa Fe buff

Ah, the big of the bunch in tenders.
Well as a separate item, that alone brings up questions, some such as:
Is it worth it?
What road names would sell?
Would the tender itself sell?
Why make is separate?
How up in demand is it?
Can we supply it with any economical gain?

After asking all those, I have one more:
pdlethbridge,
Why do YOU want one?
Do you need it for a locomotive, the parts or something.
Or just want to see a separate piece made by Bachmann? After all, they will need very good reasons, they are an industry you know. But over all, I do think it would be and OKAY idea. I like to buy locomotives that come with tenders, but I do love the 14 wheeler tenders a lot.
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

Union Pacific
Rio Grande
Clinchfield
New York Central
Delaware & Hudson
Boston & Maine
Lehigh & Hudson River(or did these have the six axle tenders?)

Probably

For Kitbashers

So people don't have to buy the 4-8-4 as well when they only need the tender

People would probably buy it

They would probably make money, the tooling is already there

Yampa Bob

The word "why" is not a part of the adult vocabulary. In other words, when we want something it's because we want it, enough said.

Hi Paul   :D ::) ;)
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Atlantic Central

Actually,

There are lots of additional tenders Bachmann could offer with out tooling one new part.

The above metioned Centipede.

The various special versions of the long USRA tender (oil fired, dog houses, etc) as supplied with the 2-10-2

The short, tall tender from the 63" drivered 4-6-0

The tender from the 2-8-4

All are just as likely to sell as well as any of the current line of tenders.

Sheldon

jayl1

Didn't Riverossi make a centipede tender for some of their larger steam engines?

hotrainlover

I just purchased a CON-COR Bigboy kit from Hobby Lobby that has a great tender in it.  I plan on using medal wheels, and pickups for power.  I Purchased it for $11.00 on sale!  There are also a thousand parts that can be used in scenery ideas for the roundhouse,  or engine areas!!

pdlethbridge

bowser makes a power kit for that tender. The centipede tender is all ready made by Bachmann. It comes with the NYC 4-8-4. What would it take to upgrade it to spectrum as a separate sale item?

SteamGene

I'm not a centipede railroad, so forgive the question.  Do all centipede tenders look alike?  It sure isn't true of Vanderbilts.  Anybody should be able to look at an SP Vandy and a C&O Vandy and tell that the design is similar, but not the same. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Santa Fe buff

Well after reading the posts,
I do think Bachmann would be able to make one, but one last question:
Are they going to make it?
Well I hope so, I would save money to just by the locomotive with out the tender then buy one, or it may be more money, but you know. I think I'll just wait to see what happens.
Gene,
I'm not sure, but it appears to me that they MAY be the same, but I can confirm that.
- Joshua Bauer