News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tweetsie's Railfan Weekend

Started by tweetsieengineer, August 09, 2008, 12:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tweetsieengineer

Tweetsie Railroad will be hosting its 4th Annual Railfan Weekend on September 6-7, 2008. 

For the first time since the event started in 2005, Tweetsie will put the spotlight on engine #190   the "Yukon Queen"  #190 will be lettered USA as she was during her time on the White Pass and Yukon during WWII. 

On Saturday, Railfans will be able to take a 3 mile non-stop ride on board former-EBT Coach #5 being lead around by engine #190.  While #12 will be pulling the regular wild west train.
After the park closes there will be a photo run-by session with #190 and her original white pass and yukon whistle while pulling all the Tweetsie rolling stock including coach #5 on the rear. #12 will be featured in a solo photo run-by special in 2009. 

On Sunday morning #12 and #190 will lead a double-header wild west train rides until 12:30.  Then #190 will resume pulling the coach the remainder of the afternoon, while #12 handles the wild west train.

All day both days there will be a special memorabilia room which will feature artifacts from Tweetsie's past, and some of the items saved from the depot fire in March of 2008. Also while in the memorabilia room you can watch films on the history of #12 and #190.   

Each day at 11 and 3 there will be tour of Tweetsie's famous Locomotive Repair Shop. Also during the weekend there will be opportunities to ride in the cab of #12 or #190.

For more information, tickets and a detailed schedule please check out Tweetsie's website.  www.tweetsie.com

If you have any questions please fill free to contact me off the lists.

Tim Smith
Railfan Coordinator
Tweetsie RR

Tim Smith,

Yampa Bob

Hi Tim
Since I live in western Colorado, probably can't make it.  :D

I'll just bump your thread to the top for a fresh view.  Good luck.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Santa Fe buff

Wow, sounds huge, but I can't go. I'm too young, and I just live too far away...
Sounds like a great time though.
- Joshua Bauer

Dusten Barefoot

This really need's to be bumped back on up. I plan on attending, but I really don't know if I will make it or not.
Take it easy
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten