E-Z Command Controller holder

Started by hotrainlover, August 15, 2008, 12:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrainlover

MR. Bachmann,
Is there space in the top of this controller to put a pin or hanging device, so as to hang it on the fascia of the layout?

There is controller holders available for other brands.. (Digitrax; NCE)

I really do not want to drill into this unit, but do not want to keep laying it on the layout or on the control panel, either....
Plus it has a issue of throwing switches when I do... :P

I will also need to do this with the Walk around Companion at 2 locations.

Thanks for the help!

Joe Satnik

Dear HTL,

How about some kind of pocket or slot on the facia that the controller would fit into?

How about a leather (or some other material) case with a loop for hanging on the back for the controller?

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Yampa Bob

Hi Lee
I took the back off my EZ Command.  There is room at the center to drill one hole and fasten a hook of some kind.

The back measures 6-1/2" across, at the center 3-1/4", just above one of the standoff posts, and below the top edge.  I would use a 6-32 bolt with a nylon locking nut on the inside to secure the hook.

I made an easel out of thin plywood, secured it in the open space at one corner, then fastened the controller to the easel with 2 Velcro strips. The easel swivels for convenience.

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

hotrainlover

Great ideas...

The Velcro idea is a great idea..  That way I will not void any warranties by opening it up.  I use to use Velcro for a lot of things.  I do need a "Shelf" or pocket on the control panel for other things. 

Thanks for the help!!