News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Connecting wire for dc/dcc

Started by mechanic, August 16, 2008, 08:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mechanic

This may be a stupid question but:
I am thinking about getting a e-z command and using a dc and dcc loco with it.(because I have several dc locos)
The online manual says to hook up the analog control pack to the dcc controller with a "Black connecting wire".
Where do you get this wire? Does the e-z command come with one in the set?
Thanks
Eric
Schutzhund:because you can't always have your .45 auto with you.

the Bach-man

Dear Mechanic,
Yes, it does.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

mechanic

Wholy macaroni!!
Thank you for the ultra FAST answer.
Eric
Schutzhund:because you can't always have your .45 auto with you.

WGL

I bought my E-Z Command Control second-hand, & it didn't have the DC/DCC connecting wire or the DVD.  I searched Bachmann's website it vain for these items.

Yampa Bob

I think Mr B. got excited about the Olympics and decided to set a record here.

Definitely qualifies for a Gold Medal.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

0n30nutz

Eric,

Take the controller to your friendly neighborhood Radio Shack and have the sales associate find a plug to fit the track connection socket, either wired or not (if you are able, you can wire it yourself). Then you can hook up to your track....

As far as the DVD, don't know, but you can download the manual on the website..it is under the E-Z Command tab.

Howard
If it ain't steam, it ain't...

Yampa Bob

If you can find someone with the DVD and a recorder, they could make you a copy. I know it's copyrighted, but I doubt if Bachmann would object since they don't offer it separately.

The plugs on the cable are different sizes. They have 3 contacts, similar to a stereo plug, but may not be standard length.

I will take my cable to Radio Shack when I find time, and try to find the right part numbers.  Wiring would be simple, just match up the contacts end to end. 

Update:  Locally available plugs are classified as 3/32" and 1/8".  Most imported electronics now use metric designations,  2.5mm or 3.5mm. You need the 3 conductor (stereo) type.  If you don't feel comfortable soldering, you might want to contact  Bachmann service and order the exact replacement.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.