News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Smaller print....

Started by Santa Fe buff, September 05, 2008, 11:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe buff

I was surprised today to find that the new Bachmann format has smaller font size that it used to. Any suggestions, could this be the improved site? Let me know your opinions.
- Joshua Bauer

Yampa Bob

Don't be alarmed. Apparently the webmaster is experimenting with various font sizes for different areas of the screen. 

In one way, it was an improvement as annoying things like quotes were reduced so they didn't hog the whole page, and more of the posts were visible without scrolling.  Also previous posts visible while posting a new reply were reduced for faster review. I noticed even the calendar finally fit within the side border.

However, it  has been changed back.  The smaller print made it a bit harder for me to read, but the page didn't lock up my computer as before.  Oops, a couple of scripts are fighting again, as the screen bobbed up and down and locked up again. But I've only had to reboot twice this session.  :D
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Santa Fe buff

Well I'm glad to see Bachmann taking a great deal of concern to improve the site. "annoying things like quotes", oh come on, I thought I was SO close to being done with my 'training' ;).
- Joshua Bauer

Yampa Bob

You're doing fine, some other members haven't taken the hint.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Santa Fe buff

I'll take that as a progress report.  ;D
Your right, the calendar has decreased sized, it used to be about 1/4 inch bigger! Interesting, I hope that Bachmann can do a great job, but I'm sure they can.
- Joshua Bauer