Can't "quote" or even "reply" to "tenders' thread.

Started by rogertra, August 20, 2008, 12:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumpy

Yampa Bob

Perhaps my comments about bashing were not well received, anyway the thread is no longer open to discussion.

Seems like everyone wants items that aren't made.  You either do without or "roll your own".

I haven't seen any "special" standard tender that can't be duplicated with a little effort.  I was considering doing a write up on some of my conversions, but it seems bashing is not a popular topic these days.   
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

SteamGene

Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

jayl1

Gene,
Usually the moderator (or board owner)  is able to lock a thread.  Notice another thread on MTH was also locked.
J

Yampa Bob

The thread author can lock the topic, either initially or later on.  At the initial post, or when editing any additional post you have made, at the bottom click "Additional Options", check the box "Lock Topic".

It is usually used for an announcement, or for qualified facts that need no discussion. For example, I could have locked my topic "A Magic Number", as the Radian method cannot be disputed.  Of course, without replies the thread will simply drift to the next page. 

Locking a thread can often be a courtesy to the forum, such as announcement for an upcoming event, which can later be deleted by the author after the event is over. 

I usually welcome replies, as it keeps the thread active longer on the first page, especially if I am seeking many different options.

Only the Admin can make a topic "Sticky", so it always stays at the top.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.