2-8-0 Outside Frame Consolidation Question

Started by Ihranune, August 19, 2008, 08:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ihranune

Good evening.

I just recently picked up the 2-8-0 and one of the Spectrum low drop side gondolas to get my narrow gauge empire off to a flying start.  When setting the engine and the car on a section of track to test the couplers I noticed that the couple on the gondola is much higher than the one on the tender (I did not try the one on the pilot yet).  Since the engine is brand new I am not at all keen on cutting this beauty and I want to keep the Bacmann couplers I was wondering what alternatives are there to solving this problem?

Many thanks!

glennk28

Put a Kadee or Accucraft coupler on the loco and tender.  They will be at the proper height and it is just a screwdriver job.   gj

Jon D. Miller

Are you making reference to this gondola?

If so, read the documentation that came with the gondola. Also, note that an additional set of off set couplers were provided.  Using these couplers on the gondola will allow them to align with the couplers on the 2-8-0 as well as any Bachmann rolling stock that has truck mounted couplers.

Actually rather simple when you come right down to it. ;)

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Ihranune

Yes, that is the one.

I found the slip telling me to unlock the couplers and stopped looking after that.  I suppose this is what happens when I am trying to do too many things at once (eat dinner, pack the apartment for moving, keep the cats out of the boxes and everything).  ;)

Thanks for the assist.  :)

Starting up in this scale is opening up a whole lot of new things to consider...rtfm for rolling stock...exactly how much weight is the layout framework going to have to support (that was never a concern in HO or even O[and not that 027 stuff])...etc.  :)

Loco Bill Canelos

I do G Scale indoors and my benchwork is the same as my old HO scale benchwork.  I use a framework of 1x4's supported by 2x2 legs.  I can stand on the benchwork with no problem!!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!