News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New road name for the GE 44 ton

Started by japasha, August 27, 2008, 04:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

japasha

Could you ask Lee and the boys if they could add the Virginia and Truckee Railroad to the schemes available on the GE 44 ton locomotive? The reconstruction is using a nicely painted yellw 44 tonner  with lettering for the Virginia and Truckee. This locomotive will be around after the reconstruction from Virginia City to Carson City is completed.

the Bach-man

Dear JA,
Any pictures?
I'll mention it.
the Bach-man

japasha

Mr. Bachmann,

Please give me an email to send the images to. I lost your business card so send to the email address below.

Jim Pasha
japasha@aol.com

RAM

Just post it so every one can see it.

Guilford Guy

How about a couple painted unlettered. Say Blue with Yellow end striping, and Red with Yellow end striping. These were the schemes on several Pinsly shortlines and are good for industrial or small short lines... Actually... I could think of Hundreds of paint schemes for Bachmann to do... :P
Alex

jayl1

I'll add Penn Central 9999 (ex-PRR 9353) to the list.  It made it through to Conrail on the Union Transportation shortline in New Jersey. (and I believe replaced the last Pennsy steamer in service)

Frisco

Yes for Virginia & Truckee this would be high on the want list!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Yampa Bob

I agree on an unlettered, red with yellow stripes as shown in the 2007 catalog, but not available.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

FFJOHNL312

Quote from: jayl1 on August 28, 2008, 04:00:00 PM
I'll add Penn Central 9999 (ex-PRR 9353) to the list.  It made it through to Conrail on the Union Transportation shortline in New Jersey. (and I believe replaced the last Pennsy steamer in service)

Yes it did. Replaced a B-6 0-6-0 switcher.

On the subject of the 44 tonner, I'd like to see the NH done in the as-delivered paint scheme of Hunter Green and Warm Orange, with the hooded headlights.

John Loesch
DGLE? We don't need no stinkin' DGLE!

JDLX

I'm a little late to this thread...please accept my apologies.

First off, the diesel on the V&T is NOT a 44-tonner.  It's an 80-tonner, originally a military unit that went to the Western Pacific Railroad Museum in Portola, CA.  The V&T traded an old Western Pacific turntable to the museum for the diesel back around 2003.  Dave Epling has some pictures of this unit in service back in the summer of 2005 at the following link:

http://cencalrails.railfan.net/vtrr2005.html

Second off, the V&T that this diesel works for is a completely different outfit than the public commission that is rebuilding the V&T between Gold Hill and somewhere in the Mound House/eastern suburbs of Carson City area.  How this V&T- which is owned by Bob Gray and his family- will coexist with the rebuilt V&T is something that is not even close to being finalized yet and is the subject of a lot of contention. 

But back to the subject of possible roadnames for the 44-tonner...I'd love to see the Aracata & Mad River:

http://ncespee.railfan.net/Foothill/images/amr102.jpg

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

the Bach-man

Hi, Guys!
Those are both very nice.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

kevin2083

YAY! I just found a new one for me to get started on. ;D

What do you say, Cheez-It orange?
It took a while, but a picture finally turned up for this one. It doesn't look lke it will be that hard to do, but I don't know about the headlight... 
I am happy now.
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

VTBob

How about a paint scheme for the Aroostick Valley RR?

Vermont Bob
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

Guilford Guy

AVR was nice! I still think Bachmann should offer Red with Yellow Nose Striped 44 Tonners, unlettered, and possibly include a decal sheet, for there were 3 Pinsly roads I can think of off the the top of my head that used that same scheme... :)
Alex

Yampa Bob

Jeff
Thanks for posting the links, great pictures.

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.