News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-4-0 and 2-6-6-2 in On30 to be produced

Started by ksivils, March 05, 2007, 09:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtnut

The MMI loco will follow the Baldwin 8-18C catalog engine, which was a very common engine.  I believe the Eureka is one of this class.  They were available with 42 or 45 inch drivers.  I believe the Rio Grande Class 38's had the smaller drivers.  I agree that Bachmann should not duplicate this engine.  I would also say that despite its "small" size, it is still a fairly large loco by current On30 standards.  If Bachmann wants a 4-4-0 that fits in better to its line, I would suggest the Mt. Gretna 2-foot gauge locos.  They would widen out to On30 very nicely, and plans are available in the MR Cyclopedia. 

Dusten Barefoot

PLEASE!!!! Don't forget the ten-wheeler! Do ya'll think it might look like the RGS#20 or the ET&WNC#12. Lets hope for the #12 ;).
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Frisco

Well you got the 4-6-0. I have heard that the 4-4-0 will be made when they get 400 pre-orders. I believe that they have from 320 to 350 right now.

Royce Wilson

If you guys can afford it the MMI 4-4-0 will be the most beautiful engine made in On30. shame Bachmann did not respond to the call.

Royce Wilson

az2rail

What am I missing here?

Bachmann is already selling 4-4-0's, were MMI is still listed as coming soon.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Frisco

Quote from: az2rail on October 09, 2008, 08:27:02 PM
What am I missing here?

Bachmann is already selling 4-4-0's, were MMI is still listed as coming soon.

Bruce
I think he is saying that Bachmann should have made a D&RGW or at least larger one.Which I agree with.

C.S.R.R. Manager

While the old Bachmann 4-4-0, the new Bachmann 4-4-0 and the proposed MMI 4-4-0 all share a common wheel arrangement, they are very different locomotives.  Comparison photos would make it obvious.

Manager

az2rail

Thanks. Figured it would be something simple as that, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Royce Wilson

The only thing that the two Bachmann 4-4-0's have in common with the MMI 4-4-0 is the wheel arangement.

the MMI 4-4-0 is a model of the common Baldwin 4-4-0 produced for narrow gauge railroads, not just the Rio Grande.

The Bachmann engines are models of industrial engines that are either too small to haul freight or a exported industrial engine that only ran in Brazil.

I have purchased two of the Bachmann 4-4-0's to use on my 1880 Colorado Central type operation. this engine probably could handle 4 to 5 20 foot cars like the original C.C.R.R. 0-4-0 Souther locomotives.

Royce Wilson ;D

Hamish K

Quote from: Royce Wilson on October 10, 2008, 07:31:39 PM
The only thing that the two Bachmann 4-4-0's have in common with the MMI 4-4-0 is the wheel arangement.

the MMI 4-4-0 is a model of the common Baldwin 4-4-0 produced for narrow gauge railroads, not just the Rio Grande.

The Bachmann engines are models of industrial engines that are either too small to haul freight or a exported industrial engine that only ran in Brazil.

Royce Wilson ;D

Not quite accurate - the locos in Brazil were common carrier locos, not industrial locos. Also I am fairly sure that similar locos ran elsewhere - the Brazillian locos are well known because they survived - these were Baldwin catalogue locos and I know small Baldwin 4-4-0s went to other countries, how close to the Bachmann models I do not know.  In many countries very small, by American standards, locos operated narrow gauge lines.

Hamish