News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Reasons for Bachmann to make a K-27

Started by Frisco, August 28, 2008, 07:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcat

Folks,

beeing a DRGW&RGS Modeller, I would be enthusiastic if Bachman comes out with a K-27. The MMI Engines will be all gone from the shelves in a while and it will take, as drgw268 said, a while before MMI will be back to the K-27 (Keep in mind, they are just out with the K-36, next a K-37, the West Side Shays, the Sumpter Valley mallets, the C-17, C-18, C-21,C-25 and then probably back again to the K-27...

Same with BLI: The C-16 was a good seller, but they don´t have something for the On30 folk in the pipeline yet. Spoke to them: Nothing!

So, there´s room for you Bachmann guys to give us something DRGW or RGS: Why not concentrate on a correct RGS 455 post-wreck or the beautiful RGS No.74 - would fit in her C&S Version to the ol No. 22 you have in your program...!!!

Regards. Tom

max (uk)

Quote from: NarrowGSouth on September 06, 2008, 03:03:15 PM
I'd like to see the Bladwin USATC S118 2-8-2's used on the White Pass. Specifically I would like to see a configuration with the postwar White Pass Modifications. For those who do not know what I am talking about, take a look at these photos.

Tweetsie Railroad #190
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_zLrRmvB3WOg/RuYH-_spW8I/AAAAAAAAAJM/z3lJONcZZUQ/100_0237.JPG

Dollywood #192
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2081/2099587822_b66e731883.jpg?v=0

A model of #190 and #192 in their respective tourist schemes, as seen in the above photos, would be great as well.

However, being the well-rounded person I am, I would like to see Bachmann make some British )n30 products, such as locomotives from the Talyllyn Railway, the Ffestiniong Railway, or any of the other several british narrow gauge engines.

ngsouth

I agree with all of it! #190 would go well with #12. Also im sure there are alot of White Pass modelers out there.

Also, some europian On30 stock would also be a good idea. As I have always wanted to model the Ffestiniog Railway as I have been there all my life. So maybe a talk with Bachmann Branchlines could go down well. ;)

br549

I Have had my fill of the critters and tweetsie locos on the market that  Personally I dont need! I grant you  they ARE nice but no thanks. I would purchase a Bachmann K 27 if were available The last Bachmann Loco I have purchased was the 2-8-0.  We  need some BIG :o Motive power  You betcha! Lets have a K 27 that is affordable that can muster a 22" like the 2-8-0,   Add a trailing truck and a Mikado broiler? that shouldn't be hard with the 2-8-0 mechanism You produce already? ;D ;) PLEASE Mr Bachmann?

Tomcat

br549 is right:

I can recall there were Modellers out there which builded a K-27 in Fn3 on your Consolidation´s frame by adding a training truck etc. Would say, this could work in On30 too!!! Just that easy. Would be a good runner as always your Engines are...

Tom ;) ;) ;)

Hamish K

K27s are considerably larger than the Bachmann 2-8-0. For a start drivers are 40 inch on the K27, 36 inch on the prototype for the 2-8-0, with rest roughly in proportion. The conversions mentioned by Tomcat converted a 1:20.3 scale 2-8-0 to a 1:22.5 scale K 27. A similar conversion of an ON30 2-8-0 would result in a 1:53 scale K27.

Hamish

Royce Wilson

Why not just update the mogul?   this engines has good lines and has been a good seller.

shortened the smoke box and add the Cooke flange domes,wood cab and the correct stack,either the U.P. pancake or the South Park congdon. what a beautiful engine!!!

need more power do like the South Park run double and triple headers! ::)

Royce Wilson

Dusten Barefoot

Why not just go to MMI and get ya'll one, from what I understand they are more durable due to the dicast they are made out of. Other than the sound, sounding like crap, just replace the sound system. If Bachmann were to make a k-27, they would most likely elemenate the MMI business. But those are just my thoughts. Personally that heisler is the next engine that needs to be made for the loggers. A lot of main line engines have been made recently, and not a new thing for the minners, loggers, or gear heads out there ;D. We also need some more rolling stock.
Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

br549

Sure thing, I'll buy an MMI but then all of the $$$ I spend on Bachmann products cease to filter their way the Bachmann corp.
If I have to spend that much on an MMI K27 It better have some excellent sound coming out of it and not have to cannibalize the thing after spending that blasted much on it only to spend another $120 +  :(  Personally I would betcha all $20 Bachmann will never produce the K class loco's simply due to MMI's  model .
Affordable and reasonably close is acceptable. ;)

Dusten Barefoot

Im pretty sure that Bachmann is cooking one up for ya'll. It took a good 3 years for the ET&WNC 4-6-0 was made.
Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Chatzi473

Quote from: Hamish K on September 07, 2008, 05:41:23 AM
K27s are considerably larger than the Bachmann 2-8-0. For a start drivers are 40 inch on the K27, 36 inch on the prototype for the 2-8-0, with rest roughly in proportion. The conversions mentioned by Tomcat converted a 1:20.3 scale 2-8-0 to a 1:22.5 scale K 27. A similar conversion of an ON30 2-8-0 would result in a 1:53 scale K27.

3ft gauge in on30 is not to scale. I bet most people would not mind if it is a little off.

br549

Where do I sign  up for one! ;D

Chatzi473

here is an hon3 model of an early k-27,

and with out the plow

and if bachman did do the more modern look of the k-27s, one reason y bman could do engines any other company makes is that bachman's are easier to kit bash then MMI
that gives people a chance to make new engines
and not have to tare up the metal ones of MMI

br549

From what I have read in a recent magazine article I wont be getting my heart set on MR B producing a K 27 30" narrow gauge loco "just a little off" from the prototype. 
Besides already being produced by MMI.
I have seriously considered jumping scales to Hon 3 for a Blackstone K class and dumping my 0n30.
Nice brass model Chatz473!

Frisco

Quote from: br549 on September 10, 2008, 06:41:10 PM

I have seriously considered jumping scales to Hon 3 for a Blackstone K class and dumping my 0n30.

I have thought about this to but I really like the ON30 size.

br549

Me too. The 0n30 size is easy on the eyes for us older modelers.
Besides my wife would  :o >:( me if she over heard me mention jumping scales...  ;D