News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann On30 track

Started by Frisco, August 28, 2008, 07:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco

Who would like to see Bachmann produce ON30 EZ track?

mhampton

If you mean track with longer ties and wider tie spacing, I'm with ya!

Terry Toenges

I'm sure it would be cool but I don't see it happening in the near future due to the costs involved and the amount of manufacturing resources available.

Feel like a Mogul.

WVM_guy

This is another move that I think would pay off handsomely for Bachmann. It would cement them in the O narrow gauge field and draw in some of the more serious modelers who don't want to handlay track but still want the proper NG look. Bach-man...think about it seriously.

Dusten Barefoot

I would love to see that. They could have a range of track to look like a spacific gauge. Make track according to engine. Make On30 track look 3ft gauge or 2ft guage for the 2fters, and reagular 30in. gauge. Maybe that's a little to much, but any who, EZ NG track would be awesome.
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Woody Elmore

There are already two suppliers of On3 flex track and switches so I doubt Bachmann would like to be number three.

Dusten Barefoot

EZ-Snap track, and Flex track are 2 different things ;D. I would still urge Bachmann to consider making On30 EZ track.
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

C.S.R.R. Manager

Even with the current track choices, there is some difference of opinion over tie spacing among the On30 crew.  Some like the small ties of Peco, others like the wide spacing and small spikes of Micro Engineering [myself included], and others prefer the small ties of standard HO track.  This range of looks is partly due to the prototypes, and the different sizes and spacing of ties that were used.  There was no real standard, and often the ties we buried in ballast, dirt and weeds to the point where it was hard to even tell what size they were.  So the trick would be finding the On30 tie spacing that works for the biggest group of On30 modelers, at least those that are content to use EZ-Track.

Manager

The Old Fardt

Well I use Model Power HO flex track (cheap) and PECO switches ( not cheap) and unless you are a rivet counter, it really doesn't make a difference. Bury any track in ballast and it kind of disappears.

Nothing we have is like the real stuff  especially the plastic spikes. Nickel Silver rails or even old time brass, not even close to the real stuff...

So I figure why waste money on track?  A few others that I have chatted with use regular HO track too.

The Old Fardt in Oregun.