News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Davenport Gas Mechanical Arrived

Started by Jon D. Miller, September 02, 2008, 11:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon D. Miller

One of the new Davenport Gas Mechanical switchers arrived this afternoon.  I won't get the opportunity to put it in operation till middle of next week.  A trip to Ohio puts operation on hold.

The Davenport arrived in good condition.  No broken or missing parts.  It comes well packaged.  This should be a nice addition to the roster. 

JD

Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

altterrain

President of

Mike M

Jon you will have to let us know what you think of it. I am still waiting for mine.
Mike

JohnAH

I got the first of my two a while ago. They're fine locos!

Have a look here for running qualities:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Johnnie2sheds

I used WD40 on the track just as an interim, the locos I usually use dont seem to care about dirty track, but these did. So I cleaned it properly a week or so later.

How come we in England got them before you in the USA?
Tis usually the other way round surely?

Paul W.

JD,
Can't wait to see it running on the RR! I wonder where "Buck" will ride
Happy Steamin'

Paul

Peter O

Hi, anyone know how ready this loco is for sound and DCC installation? I'm not expecting the socket, but I was hoping for Bachmanns usual option of screw terminals on their circuit board and the provision for a 2 inch speaker.

Thanks.

Peter.

Kevin Strong

The loco has an 8-pin NMRA standard plug on the main board into which a DCC control board can be placed. You'll (obviously) want to use a decoder that can handle higher amperages.

There's an opening in the floor under the hood for a 1.5" speaker.

Later,

K

altterrain

Quote from: Kevin Strong on September 06, 2008, 06:30:19 PM
The loco has an 8-pin NMRA standard plug on the main board into which a DCC control board can be placed. You'll (obviously) want to use a decoder that can handle higher amperages.

There's an opening in the floor under the hood for a 1.5" speaker.

Later,

K

Sounds like somebody has one for review!   ;)

- Brian

President of

Peter O

Kevin, thanks fo rthe DCC/sound update. I think it would sound great with a LoksoundXL decoder with the 52591, small diesel loco, sound file installed.

Let's hope if has more reliable pickup than the porter otherwise I will probably have to pass on it.

Peter.