News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Your train Layout!

Started by James Patterson, March 07, 2007, 11:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

James Patterson

Ok, heres the history and current state of my wall layout.
HISTORY
The wall layout started as a piece of track on my shelve about a year ago and I just ran trains back and forth (wish I had more to do with it ::) ) for about 6 mounths. About 5 months ago I found alot of scrap wood in my closet and decided to use it, about 3 and 1/2 hours later the layout had a 3 foot extension over the top of my bed (Only 3 feet because it was made of hard wood, old rusty screws, lots and lots of staples and school gule.
) (I didn't have power tools either!  :o ).  The last foot could not be operated because I didn't have any track joiners for that spot. The layout ran until about 2 months ago when my mom took a good look at my consrtution. She imidiatly asked why the extension hadn't fell on me already (True the extension lost 3 inches in hieght because the wood was too heavy to be anchored to the shelve, The only thing holding it up was one screw that was not even put in all the way. Currently my layout is back to what it was in the begining.

Vinny

img]

Here is the starting stage of my N scale layout with EZ track. I hope to run two trains.

pdlethbridge

I finally got a picture or 2 of my 2' shelf layout. I started 2 months ago after we moved. I use atlas code 83 track directl mounted on homasote. Caboose ground throws for up front and atlas code 83 switch machine at the back where it is hard to reach.
As it's just a start, I have a lot of work to do. The walthers 90' turntable works great and looks good serving the walthers roundhouse

NHGuy

You can see see mine at the link under my name.  I model the New Haven Railroad in the 1949-1953 era.  I model the Valley Branch and the Hartford line (Springfield Line) from Hartford, CT to Old Saybrook and New Haven respectivly.  IT's double deck layout with a two track helix.  I use NCE DCC and have sound equipped engines along with just the DCC equipped engines.  I am in the building stages.  THe top deck is the Valley branch.  The lower deck is the double track mainline.

Bill
Bill Shanaman
Sugar City, CO
------------------
Go New Haven!

http://rides.webshots.com/album/145199856bFDImR

James Patterson

Ok, lets kill 2 birds with one stone!

The planned Thomas layout
This layout will be going into my room where my current Wooden train setup is, The layout will have very sharp corners (not much space) and be run from some older power packs (by the way the shelf layout is coming down for good as I only need 1 layout in my room!) The track plan will probably have 2 running loops (one inside the other) and have several industry's : Scrap yard, docks, chocolate factory, and maybe a mine. I will have 2 towns (one by the far wall and one at the docks) and maybe a round house (if I have room).

My first railroad
My first railroad was a 4x8 layout I got when I was five (about 1999-2000). It had two tracks, the lower one was a figure 8 and the upper one was an elevated circle. It was apparent I wasn't quite ready for the set because after 6 months of having it my parents dismantled it because I had destroyed the trains. The only thing I have left is a few of the cars and one engine.

conradin

Quote from: Paul M. on March 08, 2007, 11:31:45 AM
I have a layout on a 5x9 foot Ping-Pong table. I'm about ready to start my scenery. Here's a pic from an earlier stage of my layout:

How does yoru cat feel abou tthe trains? ;-)