News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 4-4-0 cab painting

Started by traincrazee, September 08, 2008, 12:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traincrazee

Have any of you painted the interior cab and detail elements of a 4-4-0?  I like the piping, valves, etc, but you know they all sort of disappear in the darkness of the cab.  Pity.  I'm thinking of painting the walls of the cab interior green, some valve handles red, and maybe some of the backhead pipes dark gray in order to help these fine details get better seen and appreciated.  Have any of you done this to yours?  What would you suggest?  Thanks.

C.S.R.R. Manager

Are you a member of the On30 Conspiracy Yahoo Group?  If you are, there is a Folder called AKL, with photos from Allen Littlefield.  He has done some excellent work on the IF 4-4-0, including some nice cab interior work.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/On30conspiracy/

Manager

David(UK)

I've painted the interior of all my bachmann locos.
The 4-4-0 was a joy to do as when I stripped down the loco to rewire for a Tsunami, I took the chance to drill down through the back head , feed through some wires and fit a surface mount LED to the interior.
Now I can see the cab detail in all its glory!
My Silver City Sidewinder from Boulder Valley Models will get the same treatment when the Tsunami arrives.
I love big cabs!
Regards
David(UK)
Rail Baron of Leeds

traincrazee

Thanks.  My bad - - the walls of the cab are already green.  I joined the Conspiracy and will look up those photos.  Thanks.  I Google searched (Images) on "steam engine cabs" and found some good examples.  So far I painted the valve and control handles red and cut out the seat from the engineer's side so one standing up has an appropriate place to stand. 

traincrazee

I took a look in the AKL folder.  You're right, he did a great job on that 4-4-0.  Thanks.