News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Great a New Engine! What about older ones?

Started by jcater, September 22, 2008, 12:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcater

I am happy to see that Bachmann continues to forge ahead with great new products and I am sure the new 4-6-0 will be a great hit.  Once again I find myself asking: "What about the older engines?  When will Bachmann go back and add DCC if not DCC and Sound to the 2-6-0s?"  and while we are at it a few DCC loaded Porters would be great...save alot of time and frustration out here in model railroad land...

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

I agree,  seeing the 2-6-0 with DCC or DCC/sound would be a nice thing to have.
      I do give Bachmann credit for making a new 2-6-0 pilot with operating coupler available to replace the original pilot.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Frisco

Yes this would be great instead of having to pay $80 for a custom sound install.

jcater

So how about it Mr. Bach Man?  Any plans for future releases of the 2-6-0 with DCC and/or DCC with sound??

JohnR

We all know Mr Bach-man can't say - even if he knows.   ;)

What Lee Riley said at the NNGC this year is that the 2009 releases are set, 2010 is firming up, and 2011 is still in flux.  This is consistant with other times I've heard (or read) him speak of releases.  What we asked for 3 years ago might be hitting these release calendars.  Of course there are surprises that nobody asked for such as the Railbus.  Lee also said that On30 has been very successful for Bachmann.  Other manufacturers seem to be benefitting as well.

To paraphrase Chris Lane - it's a great time to be in On30.  I waited 22 years for this boon to happen.  I have more selection today than I know what to do with.  I would love to know the future but am content to let it unfold.

-John

jcater

Well said John.  I agree completely...I too have waited about 25 years for On30 to come along and now it is here and I am even more excited about it than I anticipated!  As for asking the Bach-Man, I know he can't say, but it is afterall the name of this forum  ;D

the Bach-man

Hi, Guys!
Well, i can tell you this much: I sure hope so!
Have fun!
the Bach-man