What do you say the EZ Track rerailer/terminal is?

Started by The Old Man, September 08, 2008, 03:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Man

In other words what is that thing doing on your layout?  What do you say it's for?  Is it suppose to be a crossing and therefore should always have a road going up to it?  What color/s do you paint it?

Running Bear

I usually paint them a brownish black so they look like creosote timber. I make my own crossings for concrete out of plaster, which are then painted gray.
Running Bear

Jim Banner

I don't say that it is anything.  If I have one at all, I hide it inside a tunnel to function only as a rerailer.  For power connections, I prefer soldering feeders to the rails so they don't show.I
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Johnson Bar Jeff

I'm using one for the power connection to my "semi-permanent" layout, but, like Jim, I have it hidden in a tunnel.

Jhanecker2

I remember reading that installing a rerailer  inside a tunnel is a recommended  proceedure to prevent derailing inside tunnels.  Considering how large the plug is on the terminal rerailer , that should have  been designed  with the receptacle to be completely beneath the track with just  two smaller wire holes , one on each side of the ballast section to allow for wire exit .  The only  good thing about the crossing is that it tells you where the terminals may  be .

Yampa Bob

I have 10 rerailer sections on my layout.  They are not for correcting derails so much as being able to manually "place" cars in the ladder yard and on the main tracks. 

I guess you could call my entire layout a "fiddle track", as I frequently replace locomotives and cars to make up different trains. 
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.