News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Southern Pacific 2-6-0 M6

Started by Steam Freak, September 09, 2008, 02:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steam Freak

Can you forward a request on making a Bachmann Spectrum 2-6-0 M6. Or something like that looks like this:

RAM

sparkyjay31

I'll take any dcc ready Spectrum line 2-6-0.  Kinda partial to a B&M B-15, but I digress....
Southern New Hampshire around 1920 in HO
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!

Frisco

These are currently being made by Sunset Models in brass for about $700 each with DCC and Sound(verry cheap for brass) if you can afford this they look great.

Yampa Bob

Dang, just when I'm tapering off buying new locos, I'm drooling again.  I have several Roundhouse 2-6-0, but they are the smaller size 1880 variety.  If Bachmann made the 1785 in Spectrum DCC equipped, I would buy two in a heartbeat.

You may already have them, but here are some more pictures of 1785.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoPicture.aspx?id=48568&Page=1

Large drivers, Stephenson gear, 1910 build date, yup, gotta have some of these.  :P
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Pacific Northern

Mr B, I hope you are listening.

The demand for this type of engine in the Spectrum DCC equpped line is high.
Pacific Northern

ajp3751

This size model is in high demand. I model shortline frieght and I need smaller frieght locos. I have a 2-8-0 and this 2-6-0 would be a great addition. I notice that the USRA is the model in current circulation, but a spectrum model that resembles 1785 would be an excellent addition to the spectrum line.

Yampa Bob

I'm not holding my breath. Unless the factory has the original 1785 shop drawings, (builder unknown), it would probably be just a makeover of the USRA.

"Makeover" = Install a decoder and stick number 1785 on it. 

Seems the latest trend in manufacturing is making a generic sorta stand off scale might resemble the real thing if you don't look too close.  I've only been in the hobby 2 years, and I have to say modelers can't be fooled.

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

rogertra

We, this group, have been hounding Bachmann for a Spectrum 2-6-0 for several years.  You can see where it's got us?   :)

We want a real 2-6-0.  Not just an 0-6-0 USRA switcher with a pilot truck stuck on the front for good measure.

Yukonsam

Hi

Baldwin built 23 class M-6-locomotives for the SP (#1780 - #1802) in 1902 and 1903 as Vauclain Compounds.
They were rebuilt and simpled by SP before WW1.

I canĀ“t remember seeing a model of a Vauclain Compound, and the only difference to a rebuilt locomotive is the cylinders?

Some M-6 locomotives were leased to SPdeM (Sud Pacifico de Mexico/Southern Pacific of Mexico). The SPdeM was sold to Mexico and name changed to Ferrocarril del Pacifico (FCP).

When did you last see a model of a Mexican steam locomotive?

Lots of variations can be made, with coal tender, oil tender, Vanderbilt tender or maybe even a Whaleback tender.

The SP M-9, M-10 and M-11 were Harriman engines...........

Regards, Yukonsam