News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC locos wont run

Started by farmerkev, September 21, 2008, 12:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmerkev

I purchased the Commander DCC set when it first came out, (the one with the GP38, and the F unit. I was using the bachman DCC system on my layout, but I recently switched to a MRC system, and the two locos dont work with it. My spectrum loco still runs after I switched, its just those two locos, any idea what happened? 

Yampa Bob

Hi Farmer

Which MRC system do you have?  What addresses have you assigned to the two locos?  What address for the Spectrum that runs ok?

Explain what re-programing you did, if any, on the two locos.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Jim Banner

You may have to tell the MRC system what number of speed steps you have the decoders set for.  If you do not know, read CV29 for each decoder to find out.  If you do not have a table explaining what the values of CV29 mean, then go to the link below and scroll down to page 34.  Note that even though this links to a Digitrax manual and you probably have another brand of decoder in your locomotive, this table applies to ALL DCC decoders. 

http://www.digitrax.com/ftp/decodermanual.pdf
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

pdlethbridge

Would it helpful to reprogram the decoder to factory settings like what step 7 does when you use the program track and the NCE powercab?

farmerkev

Sorry for the late response.  The spectrum is the same as its road # 6125 (or something like that), I tried giving the Geep its road # and the F7, simply 1, but neither work. I have the MRC express. It lets you switch what speed steps you run, and Ive tried all three, and that hasnt worked yet either.