Anything new at the National Narrow Gauge convention?

Started by Hamish K, September 11, 2008, 09:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish K

Dear Bach Man

Has Bachmann announced anything new for ON30 at the convention? Given the recent motive power announcements I suspect this is unlikley, but you never know. Almost certainly no motive power (despite those hoping for a Heisler, first requested long before the 4-6-0 was suggested), but perhaps some rolling stock?

Hamish

the Bach-man

Dear Hamish,
We are working on both motive power and rolling stock, but none of these, as far as I know, will be announce this week.  There are great things in the works, however.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Hamish K

Dear Bach Man

Thanks for the reply - as I said in view of the recent announcements  I was not expecting anything, but saw no harm in asking.

I will anticipate "great things" in the future.

Hamish

Linzthom

I'm going to live forever; or die trying

jpipkin

Small four wheel cars for Porters and gas mechanicals are even greater!  Box cars, tank cars and more.

David(UK)

Really is about time we had a new range of passenger carrying cars! 8)
Regards
David(UK)
Rail Baron of Leeds

bwreno

For those of us that did not make it to the show--------what did you see?, anything new from others?, who was there (Backwoods?) etc.

Thanx,   bob

JohnR

NNGC this year was a great event.  There were roughly 1500 attendees.

Bachmann didn't make any new announcements at the NNGC. The new Railbus and 4-4-0 were available for purchase from several vendors.  Test shots of the 4-6-0 were at the Backmann table along with the new 3-pack car frames and 2-pack Mogul pilots with working couplers.  According to Lee Riley, these latter two items should be on shelves soon.

Foothill Models had their new styrene flatcars for sale.  Morgan Hill Models had their line of cars and showed an upcoming workshop car.  Backwoods was there with their new Athern truck conversions, Select-a-cars, etc.

The one sample/announcement that was missed by many was Soundtraxx's new Tsunami Railtruck/Goose decoder.  They weren't satisfied with some of the sounds and are resampling.   Hopefully this will be available in a couple months.

On30 was well represented in the model contest, layouts and attendees.  Roughly 110 On30ers were at the On30 meeting.  The Yosemite Short Line On30 layout was operating at the convention.  There was also very nice double-deck On30 layout on the layout tour with a 200ft mainline.

The big show stealers were the Sundance Central Fn3 modular layout at the convention and Tom Miller's amazing indoor Fn3 and outdoor 7.5" layouts.

-John

C.S.R.R. Manager

Has anyone found photos?  I've Googled, but can't find any photos of the event yet, beyond a few small photos on the On30 Conspiracy board.

Manager