STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2019, 08:51:32 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  My Sodor-based Home Layout
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: My Sodor-based Home Layout  (Read 24848 times)
ThomasFan247

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 07:43:07 PM »

Thomas:

Seriously dude what did you do to your Thomas?
ZeldaTheSwordsman
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 09:21:05 PM »

Tried to improve him. I was making him a bit more realistic. Unfortunately, he's currently got some busted wiring and will remain inoperable for some time.
ThomasFan247

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 09:36:48 AM »

Unfortunately, he's currently got some busted wiring and will remain inoperable for some time.[/i]
Why not just get a new one? If I had a Thomas that was inoperable I'd just get a new one. But that's just me.
ZeldaTheSwordsman
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 09:53:44 PM »

He's the very first of my locos. I'm a sentimental as well as a pack rat.
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 09:59:45 PM »

I am like that too! Grin But I replace my models but keep the broken ones.  I now have four Thomas Models

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Daisy, Harvey.
engineman15

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 10:57:29 PM »

my Thomas was broken too, two front buffers and the lamp was missing and the strips were scraped off. Eventually,I got a new one
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 10:59:58 PM by engineman15 » Logged
ZeldaTheSwordsman
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 11:04:27 PM »

I'm getting the Hornby one for chrismas. And note the operative word "currently" in "Unfortunately, he's currently got some busted wiring and will remain inoperable for some time." I was never quite happy with Thomas' appearance(plus I was attempting to RWS-ify him), so at last I decided to bash him. The major changes I made were: a full set of four lamp-irons(three on the running plate, one on the smokebox in front of the funnel), an open cab, and open cab windows. Unfortunately a wire got pulled off the circuit board, and then more wires got pulled out, one at the motor end. When I do fix him I'm gonna eliminate that circuit board altogether.
ThomasFan247

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008, 09:45:17 PM »

I am like that too! Grin But I replace my models but keep the broken ones.  I now have four Thomas Models
Same with me. I replace my models but keep the broken ones. I'm on my fourth Thomas model too! Freaky........
ThomasFan247

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2008, 09:50:24 PM »

I'm getting the Hornby one for chrismas. " I was never quite happy with Thomas' appearance."
Do you mean the Bachmann Thomas or the Hornby Thomas??? If you meant Bachmann-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. If you meant Hornby I'm right with ya.
ZeldaTheSwordsman
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 08:16:51 PM »

Bachmann. The Hornby one will become an RWS model. What annoys me about the Bachmann one is that his cab isn't open.
StanierJack
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 10:19:03 AM »

Bachmann. The Hornby one will become an RWS model. What annoys me about the Bachmann one is that his cab isn't open.

That's nothing a bit of time and effort won't do. Use a mini drill and cut the plastic away, just wire it properly!
ZeldaTheSwordsman
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 07:13:23 PM »

Well, I accidentally caused practically all of the wires to get pulled off the little circuit board.
StanierJack
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 05:52:16 AM »

Well, I accidentally caused practically all of the wires to get pulled off the little circuit board.

Then wire them as pick-ups to motor. That's what I did.
ZeldaTheSwordsman
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 05:28:49 PM »

I'm getting the Hornby one for Xmas.
Michigan Railfan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2009, 07:46:17 PM »

Zelda,

How come on your top-view layout some of the track looks blue?  Is it just your camera, lighting, angle, etc.?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: