News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My Sodor-based Home Layout

Started by ZeldaTheSwordsman, September 13, 2008, 12:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFan247

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Tried to improve him. I was making him a bit more realistic. Unfortunately, he's currently got some busted wiring and will remain inoperable for some time.

ThomasFan247

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 13, 2008, 08:21:05 PM
Unfortunately, he's currently got some busted wiring and will remain inoperable for some time.[/i]
Why not just get a new one? If I had a Thomas that was inoperable I'd just get a new one. But that's just me.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

He's the very first of my locos. I'm a sentimental as well as a pack rat.

thomasj219

I am like that too! ;D But I replace my models but keep the broken ones.  I now have four Thomas Models
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

engineman15

my Thomas was broken too, two front buffers and the lamp was missing and the strips were scraped off. Eventually,I got a new one

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I'm getting the Hornby one for chrismas. And note the operative word "currently" in "Unfortunately, he's currently got some busted wiring and will remain inoperable for some time." I was never quite happy with Thomas' appearance(plus I was attempting to RWS-ify him), so at last I decided to bash him. The major changes I made were: a full set of four lamp-irons(three on the running plate, one on the smokebox in front of the funnel), an open cab, and open cab windows. Unfortunately a wire got pulled off the circuit board, and then more wires got pulled out, one at the motor end. When I do fix him I'm gonna eliminate that circuit board altogether.

ThomasFan247

Quote from: thomasj219 on December 14, 2008, 08:59:45 PM
I am like that too! ;D But I replace my models but keep the broken ones.  I now have four Thomas Models
Same with me. I replace my models but keep the broken ones. I'm on my fourth Thomas model too! Freaky........

ThomasFan247

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 14, 2008, 10:04:27 PM
I'm getting the Hornby one for chrismas. " I was never quite happy with Thomas' appearance."
Do you mean the Bachmann Thomas or the Hornby Thomas??? If you meant Bachmann-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. If you meant Hornby I'm right with ya.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Bachmann. The Hornby one will become an RWS model. What annoys me about the Bachmann one is that his cab isn't open.

StanierJack

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 21, 2008, 07:16:51 PM
Bachmann. The Hornby one will become an RWS model. What annoys me about the Bachmann one is that his cab isn't open.

That's nothing a bit of time and effort won't do. Use a mini drill and cut the plastic away, just wire it properly!

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Well, I accidentally caused practically all of the wires to get pulled off the little circuit board.

StanierJack

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 22, 2008, 06:13:23 PM
Well, I accidentally caused practically all of the wires to get pulled off the little circuit board.

Then wire them as pick-ups to motor. That's what I did.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I'm getting the Hornby one for Xmas.

Michigan Railfan

Zelda,

How come on your top-view layout some of the track looks blue?  Is it just your camera, lighting, angle, etc.?