Is there a good chance for the E.T.&.W.N.C 10-Wheeler coming out this year?

Started by Dusten Barefoot, February 03, 2007, 09:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.S.R.R. Manager

Dustin, I would take the engine loco apart, find the wires that go to the motor, and hot-wire it to the tracks, to see if the motor is working properly.  Have you ever added lubrication to the gears?  The ones inside the loco?  If this loco has several hours of runtime, it might need some grease.

Dusten Barefoot

Ya'll do know ya'll are spellin my name wrong it's dust(E)n not dustin.
moma always taught me to make everyone to spell my name right. By the way i have done tried to take the chasie off and cant get it off all the way because i am afraid of breakin the thing. Iv done and broke the whistle off of it and i aint takin no more off it.
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

The Old Fardt

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black !  Someone really needs a reality check and a spell checker too.... Hmmm, I wonder who/whom ?   ...

Royce Wilson

Dusten
         I disconnected  the bulb in my mogul , in the days of steam headlamps were only turned on at low light or night.
                                                                           Royce

C.S.R.R. Manager

Good point Royce, I've thought of that before.  Unless you are going to setup your layout lighting for nighttime [which I plan to do], there is no need to have working headlights.

Dusten, if you aren't willing or able to learn how to disassemble your 2-6-0, we can't help you at all.  Your only option is to call Service. 

And the reason some of us bug you about your spelling is that we know that being able to spell and write will greatly enhance you job prospects in the future.  I know that if I didn't have decent spelling and writing skills, I wouldn't be able to afford all these great trains!

Ed

Dusten Barefoot

I dismanteld the dang thing last night and oiled it up and now it works better but that is not whats wrong, the light will come on and the locomtive will not, until i push it. I dont care about eh head lamp I'mm worried about the motor.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

azflyer2001

Quote from: the Bach-man on February 04, 2007, 10:44:26 PM

I already said I'd post the first quarter releases this week.

Did I miss the announcement? I didn't see anything posted and was wondering if I missed something. ;D

Travis in Mesa

rdftrain

Quote from: the Bach-man on February 04, 2007, 10:44:26 PM
Dear Dusten,
I already said I'd post the first quarter releases this week. Anything beyond that, whether I know the answer or not, will not be posted. Sometimes I know (indeed, sometimes I'm actually building the item) and sometimes I don't, but I'm not going to tell you until it's time. There are many requested items; we can only do so many each year. Nagging won't change anything.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
This week ends in 20 minutes and I still have not seen any list of On30 new product announcements?????? What happened??

the Bach-man

Sorry, rdf-
Paperwork actually arrived yesterday, but I'm down with a bit of flu- I'll try to get it together tomorrow...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

mmiller

don't worry Mr. B-

a few days one way or another won't make any difference...(or a few weeks for that matter)  ;)
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge

Woody Elmore

grandpops

Dusten,

There's a good chance that the wipers are not contacting the wheels. Does this occur randomly only at one spot. The mogul is sensitive to uneven track. Mine sometimes gets hung up on the frog of some turnouts (that means that not all the wheels are bringing in power. And as someone else has suggested, you must be willing to tinker a bit.

Good luck,

Walt

Dusten Barefoot

I have done and fixes the dang thing and runnin smothly over the rails no more tips. Hay has any one heard any thing about tweetsie's leise? I heard that they just bought 6 more years worth; but what if they do relocate would'nt be a little exsiteing, think about probly a bigger line and maybe a new engine and maybe some rolling stock but i really dout it.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Matt Bumgarner

Dustin,

I have heard that Tweetsie will remain in place for the next several years at least. No, I do not like at all the idea of Tweetsie moving. It was built by my good friend Frank Coffey (I sure do miss him) and as North Carolina's first and oldest theme park, it needs to stay where it is!

Plus, it needs to be in place for the 2011 National Narrow Gauge Convention which will be held in Hickory, NC, just 45 minutes down the mountain!!!

Dusten Barefoot

You make a great point and I am sorry to here about your freind. I have had this crazy thout that I dout is even possible; the thout is making tweetsie an opperationl railroad again, to have passanger routs through the towns but at the same time keep the the theme park the same, I was thinking that the line would run passanger, goods, small freght , and maybe open up some shops to rebuild oringanal e.t.&.w.n.c  trains and rolling stock, but like I said it was a stupid idea fo mine, but it is good to think of.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten