News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

chuff on K-27

Started by marshallcates, September 18, 2008, 08:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marshallcates

Just received my K-27 a few days ago. The Dummy Plug has J1-5 for Chuff input. However ,the sound system that I normally use is Sierra Sound which expects two chuff wires to be closed to complete a loop. What is the contact for the second chuff sound wire?. Actually I tried all of them, but none worked.  This may be related: My K-27 came with two shinny black disks in a small plastic bag. No mention of these disks appear in any of the written material or diagrams. What are their purpose?

marshallcates

I'll answer my onw first question. After reading a few months of past questions and answers, the answer is YOU CAN"T USE THE OPTICAL CHUFF SIGNAL. I should just glue some magnets to an axel and use a reed swich. So much for the improved electronics. I do however love the track battery switch to isolate the power from the track.

mudhen

If you are looking to have the Sierra sound system work in you K-27 , then do this .
1 ) Go to product Reference
2 ) Product Manuals
3 ) K-27 Locomotive Manuals
4 ) Sound and Control Products
5 ) Aftermarket sound systems
6 ) Soundtraxx Sierra Install
7 ) follow all instructions to the letter and on good authority it should work  ;) :)
** Good luck and happy railroading . I would be interested how it turns out . Let me know , I do not use Sierra sound myself
Mudhen .
e-mail me at engineerdoug@rogers.com