News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Another Great Honor!

Started by the Bach-man, September 15, 2008, 11:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Our Director of Product Development, Mr. H. Lee Riley, was honored at the Narrow Gauge Convention. He has been inducted into the Narrow Gauge Hall of Fame, an honor that I think is very well deserved!
Congratulations, Lee!
the Bach-man

Jim Banner

Would you please pass along the congratulations of all the members of the Saskatoon Railroad Modellers group?  We have all been able to get into Narrow Gauge Railroading, first in large scale and now in 0n30, thanks to the wonderful and affordable products from Bachmann.  Thank you Mr. Riley for the large part you have played in making these products available.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Loco Bill Canelos

DEfinetly a well deserved great honor!  Pass on my congratulations as well!!!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Yampa Bob

Tell Mr. Riley congratulations, and a big thank you from me also for all the wonderful products.  I am a "lone engineer", high up in the mountains of Colorful Colorado.

Here in the rugged mountains, we definitely have a history of narrow gauge.

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

az2rail

Ah ha! I knew there was someone to blame for my getting into narrow gauge. Thanks Mr. Riley.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Hamish K

Add my congratulations!

I got back into model railways (railroads to you in America) as a result of Bachman's ON30 line. I had been contemplating a train but really wanted narrow gauge (blame my being a boy in Melbourne, Australia and being  taken for rides on the preserved 30 inch gauge "Puffing Billy" for birthdays and other special occasions). I was put off by the expense and/or necessity to bash and scratch build until Bachmann ON30 appeared - the perfect and affordable solution for easy narrow gauge. As Mr Riley ws responsible for the ON30 range, it is because of him I returned to the hobby.

Hamish

ebtnut

Congrats to Lee!  He and I go WAY back to the old Pro Custom Hobbies days in Catonsville.  Well deserved.  The Bachmann line has probably netted us more narrow gaugers in the last 10 years than in the previous quarter-century. 

Santa Fe buff

Congratulations. Not all that surprising, around since 1855, bound to happen one day! ;)
- Joshua Bauer

Dusten Barefoot

Alright Lee!!! Keep them bauties rolling off the test track.
Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

sozos

I'm new to this board and new to "O" guage trains.  I bought a Williams (I think 464) engine and tender.   In the back of the engine is a knob that can be turned.  What does that knob do?  Sorry to be so ignorant, but I am, lol.

Jake

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on October 07, 2008, 11:09:48 PM
Congratulations. Not all that surprising, around since 1855, bound to happen one day! ;)

Just so you know, a single person from Bachmann was admitted into the hall of fame, not the Bachmann company itself.

^Also, sozos, this is not the place for a question like that, you would be better off posting that in the O scale board.

And send my congratulations to Mr. Riley as well.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

Guilford Guy

Quote from: Jake on January 03, 2009, 10:46:09 PM
Quote from: Santa Fe buff on October 07, 2008, 11:09:48 PM

Just so you know, a single person from Bachmann was admitted into the hall of fame, not the Bachmann company itself.
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing your face on Mr. Riley's 153rd birthday?
Alex

Santa Fe buff

Did I say 1855? I meant 1833. I thought someone would catch it... ;)

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

digitalgriffin

Congrats!

It's very rewarding when your love of a hobby gets recognized.

-D