News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

10 wheeler question for TOC or JD

Started by Paul W., September 21, 2008, 12:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul W.

I've got a tech question for you,
Is there any difference in how the boiler assembly mounts to the older Big Haulers and how the Annie boiler mounts?
I've got one of the early run engines that I've put alot of effort into detailing and customizing. I've got a chance to get an Annie, and my thoughts were to unscrew the cab and boiler and switch it over to the Annie running gear.

Any help and comments would be most appreciated

Thanks
Happy Steamin'

Paul

Peter O

As I recall, it's exactly the same. I've not done an Annie transplant, but I did do a Gen 4/5 10-wheeler into a Gen 1 boiler and everything lined up perfectly.

Peter.

Paul W.

Peter,
Thanks for that info! I'm hoping the Annie will do the same, so hopefully someone will have that answer. I "think" the differences (besides the power supply) are just cosmetic.

Thanks again
Happy Steamin'

Paul

FordcvP71

only "hard" part is cutting and reattaching the wires to the headlight & smoke unit  :P

Off is on and On is off on my frankenstein 10 wheeler's smoke unit  :D

Paul W.

Thanks!

I was hoping it was a fairly simple swap. I know I'm on borrowed time with this one, but I've got so much detail in this one, I don't want to do it twice 

Thanks alot for the help
Happy Steamin'

Paul

FordcvP71

It is pretty easy i did it the other way around, I had an Annie that I had just started detailing when the motor crapped out so I used the lower half of a big hauler to bring it back to life  :P

Barry BBT

Paul,

I've done a few ten-wheelers and yes, the boiler-cabs do interchange.  Also as mentioned there could be some wiring issues.  Re: the polarity switch, when converting to one of my drives, I remove the switch to avoid getting confused for no reason.

Barry - BBT 
There are no dumb questions.

Paul W.

Happy Steamin'

Paul