News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Old dead horse

Started by The Old Fardt, September 21, 2008, 04:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Fardt

Okay  Where do I sign a petition for the elusive HEISLER ??

Dusten Barefoot

I guess you would sign up here. Just pester the mess out of them til' they make the engine. You got my vote on it. It would be better than seeing a k-27 made. ;D
Rock ON!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Frisco

Quote from: Dusten Barefoot on September 21, 2008, 05:52:45 PM
I guess you would sign up here. Just pester the mess out of them til' they make the engine. You got my vote on it. It would be better than seeing a k-27 made. ;D
Rock ON!
Dusten
While I disagree with this statement I would like to see this locomotive.They will probaly do it in HO first then ON30 like they did with the shay and climax.

br549

The page with the K27 's Petition... ;)
You beat the Heisler dead horse and I will beat the K27 dead horse, hows that for team work.  there is room for both on this list ;D

Steve Magee

I think we need both the Heisler and the K-27 - immediately after the Baldwin 2-6-2 tank loco and a Garratt.  :)

Steve

Woody Elmore

Some of us are beating the drum for an EBT engine. There are enough Colorado engines around.

Hamish K

I thought this was a thread about Heislers, not a general wish list. I am getting a bit sick of the same people jumping in with the same requests whatever the topic - unfortunately in the case of the 4-6-0 this tactic was apparently rewarded (I say apparently as the Bach Man denies that they were influenced by it). If the thread  is about a particular locomotive can we please  keep comments to that locomotive, either for or against making it, suggestions as to which particular one to model and  etc.

Hamish

The Old Fardt

Quote from: Dusten Barefoot on September 21, 2008, 05:52:45 PM
Rock ON!
Dusten

No !  Getting people pixxed off is a BAD route to go..

The Old Fardt

max (uk)

Now where have I heard this before...

Yeh, I would like a Heisler too :)

mmiller

Quote from: Woody Elmore on September 22, 2008, 09:26:16 AM
Some of us are beating the drum for an EBT engine. There are enough Colorado engines around.

ya...that ONE Bachmann Colorado engine is one too many huh  ;D

seriously, I don't model Colorado either, but I just don't see very many On30 "Colorado" locos available with Bachmann's quality or price...and you know if you can scare up 300/400 reservation MMI (Precision Scale) would probably be more than happy to make up some On30 EBT engines for you   ;)
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge

railtwister

While I'm not particularly interested in an On30 Heisler at this time (especially if it's going to suffer from the typical 'split gear syndrome' so common with existing Shays & Climaxes),
I think the LAST thing we need in On30 is duplicated products, and the K-27 would be just that. If you want a K-27 so bad, put your money where your mouth is - go out and get yourself one of the MMI models. Just don't saddle the rest of us in On30 with even more unsold K's sitting on the dealer's shelves!

Bill

Linzthom

Pick me. Pick me !!!  ;D ;D ;D I'd love a wee Heisler.
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

Frisco

Quote from: railtwister on September 23, 2008, 10:35:17 AM
While I'm not particularly interested in an On30 Heisler at this time (especially if it's going to suffer from the typical 'split gear syndrome' so common with existing Shays & Climaxes),
I think the LAST thing we need in On30 is duplicated products, and the K-27 would be just that. If you want a K-27 so bad, put your money where your mouth is - go out and get yourself one of the MMI models. Just don't saddle the rest of us in On30 with even more unsold K's sitting on the dealer's shelves!

Bill
I don't have space for the 26" radius curves required by these locomotives.

Woody Elmore

Hamish - Any engine that Bachmann makes in On30 is a step forward and will be a good thing. I think a Heisler is a great idea.

Sorry my prattling on and on for an EBT engine raised your hackles.

I think the Bachmann folks are realizing there may be a growing market and I'm sure that they are aware of the requests for specific engines.

A Heisler would definitely be right at home with the smaller equipment typical of On30.

Tomcat

Sure, again that olĀ“Horse we are beating that hard...
A HEISLER would be a cool thing to have for all those Loggers out there...

If one asks me - the Fn3 Heisler would be pretty cool to have - OR: Take the West Side Engine which would be one of my favorites.

Tom ;) ;) ;)