Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Old dead horse

Started by The Old Fardt, September 21, 2008, 04:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railtwister

Quote from: br549 on October 01, 2008, 07:17:14 PM
None found "In stock" ...   :P

If you call these guys, they have at least one #454 in stock - on display (I saw it there today). Use the phone, not their website, & ask for either John Sabol (train dept mgr) or Ron. Price was over $400 but less than $500 (sorry I don't remember exactly). They also have several K-28's and C-19's on display if you're interested. Good luck!

Warrick Custom Hobbies
7676 Peters Rd
Plantation, FL 33324
Phone: (954) 370-0708

Regards,
Bill Nielsen
Oakland Park, FL  U$A

Tomcat

Well, folks - most BLI K-27´s are gone now. Some are good runners, some aren´t.
That is the point: A Bachmann K-27 would be far ahead of them, since ALL would be good runners, that´s for sure!

To bring it back to the old dead horse: What about a West Side No.2 - that would be one of my own favorites...!
;D

Tom ;) ;) ;)

ossygobbin

(Well, folks - most BLI K-27´s are gone now. Some are good runners, some aren´t.
That is the point: A Bachmann K-27 would be far ahead of them, since ALL would be good runners, that´s for sure!)

what makes you say that ??  not all the bachman stuff are good runners check out this forum. shays and climax's with broken gears, porters with useless pickups etc etc.

Tomcat

Ossy,

sure - the first porters were crap - useless electric pickup wipers. The second generation is perfect. About the Shays and Climaxes: I run five Bachmann Shays (one original - one of the first after they came out, converted with Banta Cab,Xerodon Stack etc.) plus two converts with the Brass boilers/cabs from Keith Wiseman and two others converted with closed cabs-Banta) and all of them still run perfect. There are two more geared engines - Climaxes, which run.... ...perfect. Another HO Shay, converted to On30: perfect.

No parts have worn out yet, all run like a watch. Same with three Consolidations which I would state to be the best model ever produced by Bachmann - if one asks me... Plus a 4-4-0 and two Forneys. Great runners. So, where is the problem...?
Can´t see one. I don´t get paid by Bachmann to write this but I never had any things to complain about yet.

On the other hand, there are a C-19 by MMI producing shorts in curves, a K-28 which had a sliding brake gear which produced shorts on turnouts (which blew two Tsunamis off...) and two K-27 which are real mudhens - derailing, one more, one less. It´s not the trackwork - which is Micro Engineering, it´s not the curve diameter which is pretty wide...

I can state for me. Please read again: For me and the Bachmann engines I´m running, that these all do what they should do: Run great, give me joy to run them. Some MMI´s dont.
If you keep in mind the price of the MMI engines, oh boy... :P :P :P

Tom

br549

Wow! thanks for the heads up on the mud hens de-rail issues. So far my search for one has been in vain and no results but an empty shelf.  The MMI K37 is due as I am reading up on the differences  of the K class models from Baldwin locomotive works.  The prices jumped dramatically as the class # gets higher.   Perhaps my search is in vain. still waiting for a B-mann Mud hen. :(

br549

Bill, thanks for the heads up. :)

ossygobbin

tomcat
you are one of the lucky ones, also most of my locos are ok.(one forney with broken cylinders, got a replacement cylinder from service)
BUT there has been plenty of cases of broken gears on the shay and climax reported on here also very noisy rough running forneys. you can probably find them with the search function.

Tomcat

Ossy,

sure - lots of people have reasons to complain. Quite bad.
Really - I never had, and this will hopefully stay that way...

My forneys drag light cars out of the track, flats for example,
but there is a solution by adding a NEM coupler box...

Kind regards, Tom

finderskeepers

Back to the beating the dead horse please...
Gimme a heisler, 28-35 ton two truck, and make it easily regaugeable to On3!