Board back to being S L O W t o l o a d - A g a i n

Started by rogertra, September 22, 2008, 07:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

What's happened overnight?

Board was lightening fast on Sunday and although I have a DSL connection, today, Monday, it the slowest it's ever been to load. 

After a few weeks with all the previous problems fixed, we're back to dead slow to load again.  I pitty the guys on dial-up and 56K modem.

Or is it just me?

Dash-9

Jhanecker2

I had a problem getting on to the board last night ( Monday) and I have DSL.
Did the server go down ? I got to the home page , when I hit " Ask the Bach Man " the site could not be found . I tried repeatedly to get back on , but the site could not be found.  I left the net and played slot machines on the computer and did pretty good .  You lose some & you win some .

Yampa Bob

For you it was slow, for me it was impossible. My old computer couldn't handle the scripts, so I invested in a new 2.33 Ghz XPS, that helped a bit. But last night it wouldn't load at all.

It's loads of fun when 2 conflicting scripts start playing ping-pong, and the screen bounces up and down like a yoyo, or lose a post I spent 30 minutes typing up.  

The problem is not with my dialup. It's apparent that going back to the old format is not an option.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

SteamGene

I'm having a real slow load experience now.  In fact, for the first three words of this note, there was only one smiley icon above it.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

WoundedBear

And I'm not seeing any issues at all. Everything is as speedy as usual on my end......I can navigate the entire site quickly and smoothly.

Sid

Conrail Quality

I couldn't get on at all yesterday; Firefox just kept telling that the page was taking too long to respond. Now, though, everything is back to normal.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

rogertra

After being down Monday evening, everything seems to be nice and speedy again.

My thanks to whoever fixed it for us.  :-)

Jim Banner

The board was s l o o o w even up here in Canada.  I wondered if it was because everybody got newsletters about new products all at once, so everyone was busy downloading photos at the same time.  We used to say a picture was worth a thousand words.  But nowadays, a picture is worth about a million words, (say 5mb compared to 5 bytes.)  If this was the case, Bachmann may want to consider sending out the newsletters in staggered batches.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.