PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I need help with the Dynamis Dcc system.....

Started by dynamisbrowser1, September 24, 2008, 07:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dynamisbrowser1

I have a couple of questions about the dynamis...... ;D I would like to buy it, but am having troubles with the Information on the dyanmis system!! :-\
First Question: 1: Well, i would like to know if i can run regular dc locomotives on it until i get some deconders. 2: I want more power.... But have no idea as to how to do that without spending $2-or $300 dollars!!!
3: I want to use one of my powerpacks to boost the power.... Is that possible? 4: Does the Dynamis Have accsesory ports? I need lots of power! :P  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APRECIATED!!!!

ALSO ANYONE THAT OWNS THE DYNAMIS I NEED A VIDEO REVIEW SHOWING ME HOW IT WORKS AND HOW TO HOOK IT UP!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D  ??? ??? ???

??? ???  ;D ;D  THANKS!!!!!!   ;D ;D  ??? ???

Jim Banner

(1) The Dynamis will not run locomotives without decoders.

(2) The only way to boost the power is with a booster and as you have already observed, they tend to be expensive.

(3) A regular power pack is as different from a booster as a Hoover is from a Harley.  No matter how hard you try, you can't use a Hoover to make a Harley go faster.  And you can't combine the power from a power pack with the power from a DCC system.

(4) By accessory ports I assume you mean regular power to run accessories, just like you find on regular power packs.  No it does not.  But if you already have a regular power pack, you can still use it for powering regular switch motors, building lights, animations, and that sort of thing.

Sorry to say I do not own a Dynamis so i cannot send you a video.  But perhaps someone else can.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

taz-of-boyds

Besides sounding like Tim Taylor, what do you need all that power for...  :o
Have fun,
Charles

PS, knowing this may help with the answer...

dynamisbrowser1

Ok, Taz i have a layout that i take the exabitions and shows and at any one time i have avout 200 locos running..... :P :P :P LOL just though i'd add those.... ;D :D ;) :)

Yampa Bob

That's about 200 feet of locos alone.  You couldn't put the layout in a semi trailer with a pup, anyway you would need a CDL to drive it.

For power, use 20 solar panels, 36 deep cycle batteries and a 10 kilowatt sine wave inverter. At 40% DOD, that allows about 10 amps per loco, and should light things up nicely as you take it on the road.

I sell solar electric, can make you a killer cash deal at only $150,000.00. (Semi and 40 Dynamis systems not included)
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Guilford Guy

I have to say Bob, that 200 Thomas the Tank Engines are only about 1/3 of that... so 66ft of locomotives...
Alex

Yampa Bob

True, then the layout might fit in a semi trailer, but still need at least 400 cars for all those Thomases to pull.

By the way, the full size Thomas is coming to Denver Museum this weekend, I hope to drive down and see the kids take rides.   
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

dynamisbrowser1

Ha ha yampa. it's built in modules and it's my club's. I mistakenly called it mine. ;D i mean i did build and wire most of it! ::)  ::)

Cid Chase

I'm a little confused about this "Dynamis" system. It has been on the market for over a year?  Is that correct?  And there is STILL no on-line manual, or any real information available from Bachmann?  And the accessories, "ProBox", extension receiver, etc. are still not available?  Is this product a sort of stepchild, or is Bachmann really supporting it? Who manufactures it?  I don'treally understand why there is not more information published.  Maybe I am just looking in the wrong place, but the Bachmann website seems to be the most logical...???