News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Out of country engines

Started by Dash-9, September 21, 2008, 03:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash-9

have you ever wanted to purchase an engine from Bachman but it was an engine from the other country section?  if so u  will click on the other country to see another languages and a different money system. the reason i bring this up is because i have been in the market for a great western tank engine and i am not sure how much they are.  so what i mean is does any one agree  that the people from Bachman should put the other country engines on the American section so if can buy them or know what its worth or the other bells and whistles.  thats all

csx dash 9
                                                                                happy rail fanning

Jim Banner

It is easy to find out what something is worth in the currency of your country.
(1) Find the item for sale.
(2) Note the price and currency.
(3) go to xe.com and convert it to the currency of your choice.

As a Canadian, I buy from many foreign countries including the USA, United Kingdom, France, China, Hong Kong, Germany, and the USA.  No problem with any of them, if you can convert the currency and know a little of the language.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

PRRThomas11

I think it would be a great idea for bachmann to make them avalible to the US. I would buy them.
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

thirdrail

I have dealt with several different dealers (they call them "stockists") in the UK and have had excellent service from them. Keep in mind that there is a 7/47 VAT on items sold in the UK, which does not apply to items shipped to the USA, but the shipping will be higher. If you use a credit card, and most will take US cards, you can use the internet ordering systems availble from several stockists.

Here are two:

https://secure.ukworlds.com/shopkeeper/hattons

http://www.railway-models.co.uk/

Ozzie21

Which GWR tank engine are you after, praire tank, pannier tank or those heavy 2-8-2 tanks. I'm not a great fan of GWR locos as I model the BR period for steam 1948 to 1968 when everything was black or green . Mind you they can cause a bit of a stir when you see an  Allegheny parked next to a 56xx.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

Quote from: PRRThomas11 on September 22, 2008, 04:56:27 PM
I think it would be a great idea for bachmann to make them avalible to the US. I would buy them.